Your industry news - first
Alert employees to health & safety dangers: 'vital statistics' poster now available
The Health & Safety Executive publishes a range of statistics relating to health & safety in Great Britain on an annual basis, each November. A new A3 poster is available, which illustrates these key statistics as an infographic. When displayed in a workplace, it serves as a reminder to workers about the consequences of poor health & safety in priority risk areas.
The 2023 statistics highlight the scale of key health and safety risks in the UK:
- 1.8 million working people suffering from a work-related illness, of which:
- 875,000 workers suffering work-related stress, depression or anxiety
- 473,000 workers suffering from a work-related musculoskeletal disorder
- 2,268 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2021)
- 135 workers killed in work-related accidents
- 561,000 working people sustained an injury at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 60,645 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 35.2 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- 20.7 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2021/22)
This poster allows health & safety professionals to easily educate their workers about the consequences of poor health & safety. It raises awareness and prompts managers to start conversations with workers about the importance of managing risk well. For under £10, it could prove a valuable asset for your company'
To find out more or to order, visit:
25th January 2024