Your industry news - first
Trojan to launch AES battery with up to 3x the cycle life of standard AGM at Maastricht Show
Trojan Battery Company is launching the new Trojan AES Battery for access, material handling, rental and floorcare equipment at the APEX Show in Maastricht, the Netherlands from June 6th through 8th,
Available in 6-, 8- or 12-volt models, the premium VRLA battery delivers consistent high output and up 3x the cycle life of standard AGM, especially in extreme deep cycle (up to 100% DoD), partial-charging, or challenging environments.
"The battery lets access equipment operators, equipment rental companies and other users maximise productivity and minimise their total cost of ownership," says Matt Herr, senior product manager for Motive.
"And it enables OEMs and distribution partners to improve and differentiate their products, boost profits and enjoy supply chain security, thanks to our global manufacturing sites."
The Trojan AES Battery is said to outperform competitive products in these areas:
• Lasts Longer: Up to 3x more cycle life than standard AGM. Validated at 1,200 cycles at 100% DoD vs. 400 cycles for AGM.
• Harsh Conditions: Robust performance in extreme conditions and temperatures.The temperature range is -40 degrees F to 160 degrees F (-40 degrees C to 71 degrees C).
• Harmless Partial State of Charge (PSoC) Operation: Tested to withstand long-term partial state of charging, again and again.
The battery also delivers these value-added benefits:
• Maintenance Free: Virtually no maintenance as watering is not required.
• Safe and Sustainable: Trojan AES is classified as non-spillable and can be safely mounted horizontally to fit difficult locations. It is made using 80% recycled materials and is 99% recyclable.
• Warranty: This VRLA battery carries a three-year warranty.
• Rugged Design: Designed and manufactured to absorb vibrations and shock.
• Charger Compatibility: The battery has plug-and-play compatibility with chargers using AGM profiles.
• Advanced Technology Extends Life and Streamlines Operations
Standard AGM batteries require full recharging after each cycle, yet this is often neglected on busy work sites, resulting in corrosion, sulfation, and possibly early battery failure.
Trojan's AES Battery features a proprietary carbon additive and Deep Cycle Series (DCS) technology with paste formulations that can withstand daily repeated discharges and operate in PSoC without damage.
As a complete battery solutions provider, Trojan also offers deep-cycle flooded lead-acid, AGM, gel, and lithium-ion batteries. The company's lithium-ion series includes 24-, 36- and 48-volt batteries.
18th May 2023