Your industry news - first
Delta-Q innovative mid-power charger is now in full-scale production
With its unique 3-in-1 design, this highly efficient charging system integrates a 3.3KW battery charger, a 500W DC-DC converter to power the vehicles' auxiliary loads, and an EV charging station interface. These key features, encased in a ruggedised IP67 design, provide OEMs with an attractive package for simplifying electrification of their off-road applications.
"No other 3.3KW charger on the market also includes a DC/DC converter for auxiliary DC loads and an EVSE charging interface in such a compact size," says Mourad Chergui, senior product manager with Delta-Q. "As we start full-scale production, we can begin to fulfil the substantial demand we received since we first announced the initial development."
The 3.3KW charging solution is available in 58.8, 65, and 120-volt DC models and is scalable, allowing OEMs to stack up to three chargers for power levels up to 10 kW. The XV3300 uses complex algorithms to deliver a precise charge to batteries of various chemistries and voltages, maximising battery life and optimizing charge time.
Key features and benefits of the XV3300 charger include:
• High Reliability: The XV3300 battery charger is compact, rugged, and IP67-rated. It is tested for automotive-grade shock and vibration. Its fully sealed aluminum die-cast enclosure protects the charger from dust, liquids, and the effects of immersion in up to one meter of water.
• Enhanced Protection: The XV3300 is a low-voltage charger that optimally charges all battery chemistries and nominal voltages between 48V to 120V. It is also protected against short circuits, over-voltage and over-temperature to ensure safe operation.
• Flexible Power Options: The XV3300 is scalable and can be paralleled to provide between 3.3KW to 10KW of power for faster-charging options. The charger is also available as an on-board and off-board charger, providing OEMs with additional flexibility.
• Integrated DC-DC converter: It provides auxiliary power to operate vehicle accessories such as air-conditioners, controllers, lights, turn signals, navigation, and communication devices. It also eliminates the need for an external DC-DC converter, saving OEMs and equipment operators space and cost.
• EV Charging Station Interface: The XV3300 complies with SAE J1772 (levels 1 and 2) and IEC 61851 (modes 2 and 3) to charge from standard EVSE AC charging stations across North America and Europe. This feature provides end-users more charging options and greater vehicle flexibility.
4th May 2023