Your industry news - first
Program finalised, speakers added for ACI workshop on new test methods for cleaning product safety
An in-depth agenda has been finalised and new speakers added to the American Cleaning Institute's upcoming workshop: ‘New Approach Methods (NAMs) for the In Vitro Assessment of Cleaning Products for Respiratory Irritation’.
The day-long event will bring together leading experts who will explore the best available non-animal scientific methods to assess the potential hazard of respiratory irritation throughout the lifecycle of cleaning products.
The workshop will take place on 2nd March, 2023 beginning at 8:00 a.m. ET at Convene, 1201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia.
The day's sessions will include a clinical presentation and discussions on adverse outcome pathways, animal test limitations and available new approach methodologies for respiratory irritation.
"During this workshop,” ," says Francis Kruszewski, PhD, DABT, ACI senior director, human health & safety, “attendees will review in vitro cellular and tissue-based testing methods for assessing the hazard of respiratory irritation throughout the lifecycle of cleaning products, from raw materials, formulation of intermediate and end use products, and use in their intended markets.”
The updated list of speakers includes:
* Holger Behrsing, PhD, Institute for In Vitro Sciences
* Sabina Burla, PhD, Invitrolize; formerly of Luxembourg Institute of Science & Technology
* Phillip Clapp, PhD, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine
* Scott Dotson, PhD, CIH, Insight Exposure & Risk Sciences Group
* Annie M. Jarabek, PhD, Federal Scientist in front of McCullough
* Shaun McCullough, PhD, US Environmental Protection Agency
* Kathryn Page, PhD, The Clorox Company
* Vivek Patel, PhD, Institute for In Vitro Sciences
* Clive Roper, PhD, Roper Toxicology Consulting
* Monita Sharma, PhD, PETA Science Consortium International
This workshop is ideal for cleaning product manufacturer and supplier researchers, scientists, toxicologists and other technical experts throughout government agencies and non-governmental organisations.
The workshop findings will be used to generate a report to guide and assist the cleaning products industry in best practices and principles when selecting in vitro testing methods for their products.
Those interested in attending can learn more and register on ACI's website:
23rd February 2023