Cleanzine: your weekly cleaning and hygiene industry newsletter 23rd March 2023 Issue no. 1057
Your industry news - first
The original and best - for over 20 years!
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
ISSA Show North America celebrates Innovation Awards winners
The ISSA Show North America Innovation Awards program recognises the latest advancements in the commercial, institutional and residential cleaning industry, so the winners of the 2022 Awards, announced at the Show last week, have something to celebrate.
"In the last few years, the cleaning industry has faced unprecedented challenges," says Director ISSA Show North America Amie Gilmore. "However, it has also been presented with many opportunities to innovate. This year's awards recipients are dedicated to sustainability, elevating the industry and advancing cleaning for health." They are:
Gausium: Innovation of the Year Award for the Phantas commercial floor cleaning robot. The robot integrates four floor cleaning modes, making it ideal for cleaning spaces with different types of flooring, both hard and soft.
Sofidel Group: The new Environment & Sustainability Award, for Sofidel’s dedication to environmental innovation, with its HyTech Seas Dispensers. These are manufactured using recovered ocean plastic waste, making them a sustainable, long-term solution (picture courtesy of www.papernet.com).
Honourees of the Environment & Sustainability Award include:
• EasyDose Laundry Detergent by Seventh Generation Professional, a Unilever Brand. This is an ultra-concentrated laundry detergent made with 60% less plastic and 50% less water.
• Jet H2 Ultra by Byoplanet/Clean Republic is a hand-operated electrostatic sprayer for disinfecting and sanitizing surfaces.
The recipients of the Innovation Industry Choice Awards include:
* Distributors: AllOrganic USDA Certified Organic Hand Soap by Charlotte Products - an unscented, easy-rinsing, foaming hand soap.
* Facility Service Providers: Tork Clarity Hand Washing Foam Soap by Tork, an Essity Brand - made with 99% ingredients from natural origin, with a biodegradable formula that features a low impact on aquatic life.
* Manufacturer Representatives: Clorox EcoClean Disinfecting Cleaner by Clorox Pro - a ready-to-use disinfectant cleaner made with plant-based active ingredients that kill 99.9% of illness-causing germs in two minutes or less.
* Residential: 800 Ct Lysol Surface Disinfecting Wipes Bucket and Refill Pack by Lysol Pro Solutions – this will empower cleaning teams to deliver heightened expectations around hygiene, and enable businesses to realise cost savings, optimise resource use and help reduce packaging waste.
The Innovation of the Year Award Honourees include:
* Unger Generation 2 nLITE Waterfed Pole by Unger - a telescopic window cleaning pole designed with refined details and precision.
* DMx Warewash Chemical Dispenser by Hydro Systems - a smart, versatile warewash dispenser, designed to accurately and reliably dispense solid or liquid detergents, rinse aids, or sanitisers, in commercial kitchens.
* The Cleani Automated Door Handle Disinfecting Device by Cleani - an automated door handle disinfecting device designed for proactive wellbeing in public spaces.
* Cobi 18 by ICE Cobotics - an autonomous floor scrubber that applies a constant flow of fresh cleaning solutions and leaves behind dry floors.
* Rosie by Tailos - a robot for commercial cleaning that focuses on vacuuming public spaces and guest rooms in hotels.
20th October 2022