Cleanzine: your weekly cleaning and hygiene industry newsletter 11th August 2022 Issue no. 1029
Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Global Head of Innovation and Portfolio Management
Vectair Systems is seeking an experienced Global Head of Innovation and Portfolio Management to join our growing Marketing team. This role will work closely with the Head of Research and Development to bring innovation to life by developing and executing short- and long-term portfolio strategies that are grounded in customer insights and unmet needs for our global customers in more than 130 countries. This role also will have responsibility for the existing product portfolio, identifying and driving projects that improve the financial performance of our products.
This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with R&D, Supply Chain, Finance and Sales on a regular basis. This role requires an understand of new product development processes (phase gate or similar process) and strong business acumen to communicate our innovation strategy through all levels of the organization. Successful candidates will have demonstrated strategic thinking, strong communication and collaboration skills, are well organized, and have a passion for helping our customers.
What’s in it for you
- Set long-term innovation strategy for fast-growing organization
- Be part of a team that is passionate about bringing novel and innovative ideas to the market
- Have significant influence over the long-term trajectory of the business
- Hybrid work environment
- Serve as member of Senior Leadership Team
- Lead overall portfolio and innovation strategy to achieve business targets
- Lead the identification of portfolio gaps/new product development ideas and opportunity size to create and maintain 24-month innovation pipeline of product line extensions, portfolio enhancements, and game-changing innovation
- Partner with R&D to manage projects through new product development process
- Build relationships with strategic suppliers and evaluate innovation ideas and opportunities
- Deliver enhanced portfolio margins and improve competitiveness in the marketplace
- Lead product launch strategy and execution in partnership with broader marketing team members
- Day-to-day management of product portfolio and P&L including packaging and supplier updates, product collateral updates, forecasting, etc.
- Develop and report out on KPI related to innovation and portfolio on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of professional experience with focus in business/marketing or related field, or Masters in Business Administration plus 3 years of related experience
- Experience in new product development process (phase gate or similar)
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills including setting vision and strategy, planning, critical thinking, orchestrating cross-functionally, overseeing multiple project elements and proven track record of results
- Strong cross functional collaboration and communication at all levels of the organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, good attention to detail and use of sound judgment
11th August 2022