Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Cleaning industry's heroes honoured at 2022 Kimberly-Clark Professional Golden Service Awards
The elite of the cleaning and FM industry were recognised at the 2022 Kimberly-Clark Professional Golden Service Awards last week for their outstanding excellence and commitment to deliver performances that continually raise standards - through unprecedented challenging times.
Created over 30 years ago, the biennial Golden Service Awards (@GoldenServAward) is today one of the most prestigious events and sought-after accolades in the British FM and cleaning industry - with this year representing more poignance and relevance than ever before.
As always, this event provides the opportunity for FM companies, contract cleaners and in-house cleaning teams to showcase excellence and set the benchmark for exceptional standards. Today, this industry provides frontline essential workers across business sectors, all of which are recognised and celebrated at the Golden Service Awards.
Awards were presented to winners across 19 categories at a formal ceremony last Thursday at the InterContinental London Park Lane, hosted by one of the UK's favourite comedians, Ed Byrne.
The following represent the UK Cleaning Industry's finest, as recipients of a 2022 Kimberly-Clark Professional Golden Service Award:
- Healthcare: OCS for Middleport Healthcare Centre
- Hospitals: Derrycourt Cleaning Specialists for Mater Private Hospital, Dublin
- Office areas below 100,000 square feet: Winner - Principle Cleaning Services for 22 Bishopsgate- Highly Commended - Momentum Support for Google GRCQ1 'The Quay
- Office areas between 100,000 and 300,000 square feet: Vinci Facilities for Welsh Government, Cathays Park- Highly Commended: Principle Cleaning Services for Stephenson Harwood
- Office areas over 300,000 square feet: Principle Cleaning Services for The Francis Crick Institute- Highly Commended: Thames Cleaning & Support Services for Exchange House, Exchange Square
- Education - Pre-School and Primary: Julius Rutherfoord & Co for Portland Place School
- Education - Senior and Further Education: Exclusive Services Group for City College Southampton
- Retail/Shopping Malls under 1million square feet: ABM UK for St Stephen's Shopping Centre, Hull
- Retail/Shopping Malls over 1million square feet: ABM UK for The Centre, Livingston, Highly Commended: ABM UK for Victoria Leeds
- Manufacturing: Apleona Ireland for West Pharmaceutical, Dublin and Waterford
- Hospitality: Key Enviro Solutions for St Katharine Docks Estate- Highly Commended: ABM UK for TfL London Transport Museum
- Leisure: Joint Winners: ABM UK for TfL Stonebridge Park Depot and ABM UK for TfL Stratford Market Depot
- Environmental Awareness: Cleanology
- Training: Momentum Support, Highly Commended: Exclusive Services Group
- Diversity sponsored by ICCA: Exclusive Services Group- Highly Commended: Cleanology
- Going the Extra Mile: Birkin Cleaning Services for Howden UK Group- Highly Commended: The Churchill Group for South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS)
- Small Business: Key Enviro Solutions
- Supervisor of the Year: Marino Agudelo - Key Enviro Solutions- Highly Commended: Glen Stevens - ABM UK for TfL London Transport Museum
- Cleaning Operative of the Year: Marianna Pazera, Vinci Facilities (pictured)
- Highly Commended: Tracy Byrne, OCS and Valerie Greasley, OCS
"Congratulations to all the outstanding and worthy winners and also to our well-deserved finalists," said Craig Bowman, general manager (UK and Ireland), Kimberly-Clark Professional.
"This is a year of unrivalled and outstanding standards for the Golden Service Awards. We have seen clear evidence of exceptional achievements in the face of unbelievable pressures and challenges. The standards reached today in our industry reflect our focus this year as we at Kimberly-Clark Professional are celebrating our 150th anniversary and our company vision of 'Building a Brighter Tomorrow. Together'. We do this by keeping people healthy, safe and sustainable through our work with customers and partners. We are in an industry that makes a real difference to people's lives and this event was about recognising those people and saying thank you. We are, of course, very grateful to all our sponsors and contributors, especially our returning Gold Sponsor, the Cleaning & Hygiene Suppliers' Association."
Kimberly-Clark Professional welcomed Silver Sponsors: Kaercher; Bunzl Cleaning and Hygiene Supplies; Nationwide Hygiene Group and Bronze Sponsors: Truvox International; Pearroc, and BioVate Hygienics.
Kimberly-Clark Professional again partnered with The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) who oversaw the independent judging.
Stan Atkins, chief executive officer at The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) says of this year's competition:
"The quality of the entries was higher and more extraordinary than ever before. Innovation, the environment, employee wellbeing and not surprisingly, flexibility, lead the agenda. Despite the challenges of the pandemic there was a huge amount of focus on staff welfare, mental health and diversity, demonstrating that the evolution of the industry was not halted, but boosted, during the last two years of never before seen challenges.
"Whilst the focus this year is the exceptional standards of the industry during the pandemic, it is also clear from the entries that companies are still investing in their people and inspiring their teams through leadership with compassion and empathy. This brings huge benefits from boosting morale to employee retention and with staff retention being something that has today become more critical than ever."
Over 500 professionals from small, medium and large contract cleaning and facilities management companies, plus in-house cleaning teams, as well as local authorities and hospitals, attended the landmark event this year.
2nd June 2022