Cleanzine: your weekly cleaning and hygiene industry newsletter 23rd March 2023 Issue no. 1057
Your industry news - first
The original and best - for over 20 years!
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
BSCAI honours industry excellence awardees at Contracting Success conference
The Building Service Contractors Association International has announced the recipients of the 2020 BSCAI Clean Awards, an awards program that highlights professional excellence among building service contractors (BSCs) and related businesses.
The 2020 recipients, recognising new members, business leadership, volunteer services and exceptional safety, were recognised on the final day of last month’s BSCAI 2020 Contracting Success+ Virtual Experience.
The winners were selected by the BSCAI Awards Committee made up of 13 practicing BCS professionals from BSCAI member companies.
"This year, the BSC industry has been tested," said Christopher Mundschenk, CAE, BSCAI executive director. “We are extremely proud of all of our members, but especially our 2020 Clean Award recipients, as they have shown strength, leadership and excellence through uncertain times.
Highlights of the BSCAI 2020 Clean Award slate include the following:
• The James E. Purcell Leadership Award is the most prestigious award presented each year by BSCAI. It is given in recognition of long-term service to both the Association and the building service contracting industry. James E. Purcell was BSCAI's founder and first president serving from 1965-1967. The 2020 James E. Purcell Leadership Award is bestowed upon Jim Harris, Jr., CBSE, Janitronics Facility Services.
• The Building Service Employee of the Year Award honours that building service contracting employee whose job performance, civic involvement and family role best exemplify qualities found in superior custodial employees. The 2020 winner is Sarah Bergquist, MSNW Group.
• For the second year in a row, BSCAI is awarding the Emerging Leader Award presented by Contracting Profits. This award is granted to a BSC professional 40 years old or younger, who demonstrates excellence, and is making positive contributions to the contract cleaning industry. This rising star can be the owner of a contract cleaning company or a member of a company's executive team. The winner of the 2020 award is Kathleen Bands (pictured), RBSM, CEO of My Cleaning Service.
• The BSCAI Cleaning for Health Award, presented by ProTeam, honours BSCs that have Cleaning for Health programs, a cleaning regimen that helps reduce the levels of allergens and asthma triggers in indoor environments. A Cleaning for Health program consists of policies, procedures and training that emphasises the impact on the health of building occupants and staff in addition to equipment that reduces building contaminants and minimises environmental impact. The winner of the 2020 award is 4M Business Solutions.
• For six years, the Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award, presented by Marsden Holding, has been given to companies that promote leaders from within their organisations and that demonstrate an overall commitment to growth and development by investing in education and training for their employees. The winner of the 2020 award is AffinEco.
The Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award recognises companies for their volunteer effort for charities and the community. BSCAI makes a donation to a charity of the winner's choice on their behalf. The winner of the 2020 award is BRAVO! Group Services.
The complete list of BSCAI's 2020 Clean Award recipients appears below. BSCAI congratulates all of these exceptional members, volunteers and high-performing companies for representing our shared industry with great pride distinction in this most challenging year.
Individual award winners:
* James E. Purcell Leadership Award: Jim Harris, Jr., CBSE, Janitronics Facility Services
* Employee of the Year Award: Sarah Bergquist, MSNW Group
* Contracting Profits Emerging Leader Award: Kathleen Brands, RBSM, My Cleaning Service
* Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service: Guy Mingo, Marsden Holding
Company award winners:
* BSCAI Cleaning for Health Award: 4M Building Solutions
* Skip Marsden Award for Educational Excellence: AffinEco
* Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award: BRAVO! Group Services
* Industry Service Award: Affinity HR Group
* Mid-Size Company Image Award: ESS Clean
* New Member of the Year Award: Kleen-Tech
* Large Company Image Award: MSNW Group
* Category A Safety Award: Inside and Out Maintenance
* Category A Safety Award: Flair Building Services
* Category B Safety Award: MSNW Group
* Category B Safety Award: Saber Building Services
* Category B Safety Award: ESS Clean
* Category C Safety Award: Service by Medallion
* Category C Safety Award: Enviro-Clean Services
* Category D Safety Award: 4M Building Solutions
* Category D Safety Award: BRAVO! Group Services
* Category D Safety Award: Diversified Maintenance Systems
29th October 2020