Your industry news - first
ISS awarded Platinum sustainability rating from EcoVadis
Facilities management specialist ISS earned a platinum rating in the EcoVadis Sustainability Rating 2020-21, maintaining its position in the top 1% of all assessed companies for the second year in a row.
EcoVadis evaluated ISS based on 21 sustainability criteria in four themes: environment, labour and human rights, ethics and sustainable procurement. One of the specific comments from the assessment is that 'The company demonstrates an advanced sustainability management system that covers all four themes under review.'
"We have a responsibility to our stakeholders to not only uphold our sustainability promises, but also provide regular and transparent performance checks," notes Joseph Nazareth, head of group HSEQ and CR. "We have made good progress on our sustainability goals, but also acknowledge that there is a lot of work to be done.
"ISS is continually improving and that's why the EcoVadis platinum rating is so important to us. It provides a reliable, global benchmark for our performance and offers independent proof that we are committed to sustainability across all business functions."
ISS's sustainable developments are centred around three main subject areas: people, planet and profit.;
- People: Safe working conditions, retention of people, diversity and inclusion, and human rights
- Planet: Reducing impact on the environment and climate
- Profit: Compliance with sound business standards
ISS achieved a platinum EcoVadis rating by focusing on five key activities:
- Ensuring a healthy and safe work environment
- Driving a responsible supply chain
- Reducing our environmental footprint
- Mitigating risks through internal education
- Building strong leadership capabilities
An EcoVadis rating is important to ISS because it is a globally trustworthy and universal rating. As a platinum recipient, ISS can validate and provide universal legitimation for its sustainability efforts to stakeholders.
22nd October 2020