Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
New appointments strengthen CSSA
The Cleaning & Support Services Association has made significant appointments within its team. Daniel Cross, UK marketing manager for Tennant and its subsidiary Vaclensa, has taken on the role of chair of the marketing executive, while Paul Ashton, CEO of Birkin Cleaning, has been appointed deputy chair.
Daniel, who is also the co-founder of the FM North Networking Group, says: "I'm excited and thrilled to be taking on this role and becoming more involved in promoting the great work and actions of the CSSA, as well as communicate the many benefits of membership to the professionals working within our industry.
“Right now the role of cleaning & support professionals has been elevated, and just like the ethos within Tennant and Vaclensa, we are here to support these professionals in the vitally important work they are carrying out."
Paul Birkin says of his own appointment: "It's a great opportunity to inject some of our Birkin passion into the industry. There's never been a more appropriate time to raise the profile of our industry and I believe that we are leading by example here at Birkin.
“It is important that the outside world understands how the cleaning sector is advancing and to achieve true recognition of cleaning as a profession for hundreds of thousands of cleaning operatives who have never been such key workers."
UK director on the World Federation of Building Services Contractors, the CSSA works to make the cleaning industry better for everyone who is part of it and is the only organisation that singularly represents the UK contract cleaning industry. It works on behalf of its members and represents the UK cleaning industry on:
• HM Home Office Immigration and Border Policy Directorate (IBPD) with specific interest on illegal migration, identity security and enforcement.
• HM Health & Safety Executive Cleaning Industry Liaison Forum (CILF)
• HM Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), including Sir David Metcalfe Labour Market Enforcement Roundtable
• The Living Wage Service Provider Leadership Group
• The European Federation of Cleaning Industries (EFCI) through the CSSA’s seat on British Cleaning Council.
For more information on the benefits of CSSA membership visit:
24th September 2020