Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Workplace washroom cleaning and sanitising made easy, with Powertec
As many of us start returning to work, washroom hygiene in our places of work has become even more important. Santoemma says its Powertec system offers the ideal solution for workplace washroom cleaning and sanitising and that when used with the Sani-Clean chemical, a thorough daily clean and sanitise operation is guaranteed.
The Powertec system sprays all the surfaces with a chemical solution and rinses those surfaces after a few minutes’ dwell time before vacuuming all the residual liquid from the floor, leaving the room clean, sanitised and dry. This system is suitable for maintenance cleaning and sanitising of small and medium-size washrooms.
Two models are available: Powertec30 (cable powered) and Powertec30-Battery (battery powered).
“Cleaning means removing the visible dirt from all surfaces, while sanitising means removing not only visible dirt, but also invisible elements like bacteria, which can be responsible for disease transmission,” says the company’s Mario Meazzi. “This means that even after cleaning, a truly clean washroom should be periodically sanitised.
“The Santoemma Restroom Program provides innovative and patented systems for cleaning and sanitising public restrooms of any type and size. By using specially designed machines, instead of manual work only, restrooms are completely cleaned and sanitised in a short time, with excellent and guaranteed results. It is finally possible to reach higher levels of hygiene, increase productivity and have a higher fulfilment of the cleaning operators.
“Specific systems and machines have been developed to perfectly suit any area, according to the type and dimensions of the restrooms and to their recommended cleaning and sanitising plan.”
Mario says that the program offers:
• Complete dirt removal
• Complete sanitising
• Increased productivity
• Overall cost reduction
• Operators’ higher fulfillment
• Specific solutions for any area
• Maintenance and restorative cleaning
• Customer satisfaction
If it is heavy duty cleaning you need, Santoemma’s Foamtec system is the answer. It works on the same principle as the Powertec but instead of chemical it uses foam for longer dwell time.
Small and light enough to be carried from job to job, the machines are easy to use and manoeuvre and require very minimal operator training. Optional tools allow them to be used as injection/extraction machines for cleaning carpets and upholstery.
Another handy washroom cleaning machine is the IdroFoamRinse, which offers a continuous spray & rinse process, with the water used for foaming and rinsing taken directly from the water network. Pure chemical is contained in its separate tank, and is automatically used by the machine in a controlled quantity.
IdroFoamRinse is ideal for use in areas where the presence of a drain in the floor means that vacuuming is not necessary, such as in showers, saunas, swimming pools and camping grounds.
All the machines are provided with the necessary accessories allowing spray, rinse and vacuum operations. According to the model, other accessories are supplied as standard or optional, such as: pane wiper, floor wiper, fleece. All the accessories can be stored on the machine, so they can be easily used and carried.
Mario says that some of the advantages of the Santoemma systems include:
• Better cleaning and sanitising result: chemical does not immediately fall onto the floor, but stays for about three minutes on the surfaces where it has been sprayed. This ensures both cleaning and sanitising actions.
• The greatest hygienic safety for the worker, who does not come into contact with the surfaces and the objects to be cleaned and who does not get wet by the bouncing water, because rinsing is with low pressure.
• Reduced labour for the worker: manual work is reduced to a minimum since the dirt is removed by the chemical action and the mechanical rinsing action.
• Saving of time: while the chemical acts on the surfaces where it has already been sprayed, the worker is free to operate on other surfaces. Therefore, even a big room can be completely cleaned quickly and with no idle time.
• Detergent saving: the chemical is used without waste because it does not immediately fall onto the floor.
• Reduced power consumption: the machines require little electrical power and therefore they can be used in any place.
• Reduced water consumption: both systems, rinsing at low pressure, require a minimal quantity of water. This avoids the flood of rooms, allows a longer working autonomy and enables cleaned areas to be used immediately
• effect of foam: foam covers in white all the surfaces where it is sprayed such as walls, sinks, sanitary fixtures. The operator can therefore check that every corner has been covered, for a complete action in every point.
• The machines can be used also in places with no drains because they can completely vacuum the water remaining on the floor after rinsing.
Laboratory tests certify that the application of Santoemma chemicals on a surface for three minutes will kill 99,9% of bacteria. The range includes:
• Sani-Foam is a specific chemical for maintenance cleaning and sanitizing. It leaves a pleasant scent in the rooms.
• Super-Foam is a strong degreasing chemical, with high pH, for restoration cleaning and fat removal.
• Acid-Foam is an acid chemical which can be periodically used to remove limescale from showers, sanitary fixtures and other surfaces.
28th May 2020