Cleanzine: your weekly cleaning and hygiene industry newsletter 30th March 2023 Issue no. 1058
Your industry news - first
The original and best - for over 20 years!
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Cleaning industry's finest honoured at 2020 Kimberly-Clark Professional Golden Service Awards
The elite of the cleaning and FM industry were recognised last week at the 2020 Kimberly-Clark Professional Golden Service Awards for their outstanding excellence and commitment to deliver performances that continually raise standards.
Created nearly 30 years ago, the biennial Golden Service Awards (@GoldenServAward) is today one of the most prestigious events and sought-after accolades in the facilities management and cleaning industry. The event provides the opportunity for FM companies, contract cleaners and in-house cleaning teams to showcase excellence and set the benchmark for exceptional standards.
Awards were presented to winners across 18 categories at a formal ceremony attended by around 500 guests last Wednesday at the London Hilton on Park Lane, hosted by multi award-winning comedian, comedy writer and author Dominic Holland.
The following represent the UK Cleaning Industry's finest, as recipients of a 2020 Kimberly-Clark Professional Golden Service Award:
- Best Cleaned Premises, Healthcare Establishment with fewer than 250 beds- Winner: Derrycourt Cleaning Specialists for Children's Health Ireland at Crumlin, Dublin
- Best Cleaned Premises, Healthcare Establishment with more than 250 beds- Winner: ISS Facility Services - Healthcare for The Calderdale Royal Hospital, Halifax
- Best Cleaned Premises, Office areas below 100,000 square feet- Winner: Momentum Support for Google Valesco, Dublin
- Best Cleaned Premises, Office areas between 100,000-300,000 square feet- Winner: ABM UK for TfL, 14 Pier Walk, London
- Best Cleaned Premises, Office areas above 300,000 square feet- Winner: Principle Cleaning Services in partnership with CBRE at Google UK, London
- Best Cleaned Premises, Large Education Establishment- Winner: Vinci Facilities for Bradfield School, Sheffield
- Best Cleaned Premises, Small Education Establishment- Winner: FES FM for Oakley Campus, Dunfermline
- Best Cleaned Premises, Shopping Mall under one million square feet sponsored by Truvox- Winner: County Square Shopping Centre, Ashford, Kent
- Best Cleaned Premises, Shopping Mall over one million square feet sponsored by Truvox- Winner: ABM UK for The Centre, Livingston
- Best Cleaned Premises, Manufacturing Facilities sponsored by Karcher- Winner: Andron Facilities Management for Technip FMC, Dunfermline
- Best Cleaned Premises, Hospitality Award sponsored by the CHSA- Winner: Prime Clean for Spencer House, London
- Environmental Awareness Award- Winner: Cleanology
- Industry Training Award sponsored by BICSc- Winner: Principle Cleaning Services - SCHOLAR
- Small Cleaning Company- Joint Winners: Cleanology; Maxim Facilities Management;
- Best Innovation sponsored by InnuScience- Winner: Principle Cleaning Services and Google Drop Marking
- Diversity Awareness Award- Winner: Vinci Facilities
- Site Supervisor of the Year sponsored by the British Cleaning Council- Winner: Helena Costa, ABM UK, TfL, 14 Pier Walk, London
- Cleaning Operative of the Year sponsored by Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies- Winner: John Watson, Momentum Support, Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, Dublin
"Congratulations to all the outstanding and worthy winners and also to our well-deserved finalists," said Steve Jones, general manager (UK and Ireland), Kimberly-Clark Professional.
"This is a year of unrivalled standards for the Golden Service Awards. We have seen clear evidence of exceptional achievements and giant steps forward across the industry, including the adoption of new smarter technologies and an increasing focus on environmental responsibility. This reflects our overall objectives for the awards and our vision to create exceptional workplaces through raising industry standards.
"We are very grateful to all our sponsors and contributors, especially our new Gold Sponsor the Cleaning & Hygiene Suppliers' Association."
Kimberly-Clark Professional welcomed five more new sponsors for this year's event. Joining as Silver Sponsors were Karcher and Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies. New bronze sponsors Truvox International and InnuScience joined returning sponsor the British Cleaning Council.
Kimberly-Clark Professional again partnered with The British Institute of Cleaning Science which oversaw the independent judging.
Stan Atkins, chief executive officer at BICSc, said:
"The quality of the entries in this edition of the Golden Service Awards was higher than ever before and while innovation and the environment lead the agenda, three other key words sum up the evolution of this industry: Respect; Diversity and Wellbeing. Respect - for cleaning operatives; Diversity - in employment and opportunity; and an exciting focus on wellbeing, staff welfare, and mental health.
"It is clear from the range of entries that companies are really investing in their people and using their experience to inspire their teams through leadership with compassion and empathy. This brings huge benefits from boosting morale to employee retention."
Just under 500 professionals from small, medium and large contract cleaning and facilities management companies, plus in-house cleaning teams, as well as local authorities and hospitals, attended the showcase event this year.
www.kcprofessional.co.uk / www.goldenserviceawards.co.uk
12th March 2020