Cleanzine: your weekly cleaning and hygiene industry newsletter 23rd March 2023 Issue no. 1057
Your industry news - first
The original and best - for over 20 years!
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Have you booked CSC 2020? Early bird pricing ends 31st January
If you could only use two words to describe the upcoming Canadian Sustainability Conference (CSC) 2020, the choice would be easy: professional development. This is what the conference, which takes place April 7th - 8th in the Delta Toronto Airport Conference Centre, promises to deliver.
And deliver it will, so Register today to take advantage of the discounted Early Bird pricing that ends January 31, 2020.
Education from world-renowned keynotes and subject matter experts... the latest innovations from the most cutting-edge manufacturers and service providers... networking with other management-level decision-makers...meeting with soon-to-be graduates in sustainability studies-and potential new hires....
The combination of these unprecedented opportunities makes CSC 2020 a hugely important conference for anyone - especially those from the education, healthcare, building service contracting, in-house facility services, property management and government sectors - looking for personal and business growth in the areas of cleaning, infection prevention and sustainability.
CSC 2020, sponsored by MCL Sustainable Cleaning Solutions and its partner Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM), features three outstanding keynotes:
- Record-breaking astronaut, aquanaut and renowned scientist and health care leadership expert Dr. Dave Williams
- Canadian football hall of famer and Pinball Clemons Foundation founder Michael "Pinball" Clemons
- Technology evangelist, TV/radio personality, author and YouTube mega-host Marc Saltzman.
These three leaders will share their insights into what makes attaining worthy goals possible, inspiring attendees to refuse to settle for mediocrity, and rather, to achieve the true success that is within reach.
In addition to being motivated by CSC 2020's keynote speakers, attendees should be prepared to immerse themselves in the straightforward, immediately applicable advice and implementation strategies shared by the conference's phenomenal lineup of field experts. And phenomenal is the word. The best-in-class presenters in this year's educational program - which is sponsored by Ryerson University and University of Victoria's Gustavson School of Business - will cover every important phase of leadership imaginable through its three main educational tracks:
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- Leadership and Next Gen Strategies
- Cleaning and Infection Prevention.
Hands-on applications, data-backed research, board-level strategising and budget and financial considerations are just a few of this year's CSC 2020's impressive roster of speakers, which includes:
- Chief commercial officer for ICS Facility Services Neil Lathangue
- Environmental support services director of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Lou Fernandes
- CEO of DCS Global and chair of the Canadian Commercial Cleaning Association Randy Burke
- Chief strategy officer of ManageMen (founder/owner of the OS1 cleaning system and Janitor University) Ben Walker
- M.Sc. applied scientist and founder/owner of Wilcox EVS Green Cleaning and Infection Control Specialists Heidi Wilcox
- Nurse and infection control specialist for Clorox Canada Barley Chironda
- Managing partner and head of mergers and acquisitions for ICS Facility Services Tom Breckles
- Chief operating officer of ICS Facility Services Ross Manley
- Academic coordinator and lead instructor for the G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University Dr. Saeed Nejatian
- Founder of Good Investing Tim Nash
- Manager of energy and climate change initiatives at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Michael Lithgow
- President of the Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM), founder of CleanLearning and environmental services consultant Keith Sopha
- LitPark CEO and certified sustainability practitioner Karen Malone
- Managing director of Steward Wise Andrea Chmielinski
- CEO of Dryit.ca James (Lee) Senter
- Chief technology officer of Efficient Apps and CEO of Ashlin Technology Solutions Andrew Lindzon, LLB, CFA Level 1&2
- Senior researcher for CAEM B. Douglas Ford, MA
- President of Westech Cleaning Audit Systems and director of education for CAEM Dean Waisman, BBA.
In addition to the more 'formal' sessions, CSC 2020 is ripe with other opportunities for professional development, not the least of which is the expo portion of the conference.
Open both days, the already more than 60% sold out expo will feature 3M, Cascades, Buckeye, Nilfisk and 85-plus other top, best-in-class manufacturers and service providers involved in cleaning, infection prevention, property management and sustainability. These knowledgeable manufacturers and service providers will show attendees how the latest innovations can help them do more with less-less budget, less manpower and less waste-while helping them run their businesses and departments more effectively and efficiently.
No one should underestimate the powerful professional development opportunities afforded by CSC 2020 to network with top decision-makers responsible for cleaning, infection prevention, sustainability and purchasing within the education, healthcare, building service contracting, in-house service provider, government and property owner and management sectors. Networking opportunities abound to forge new and strengthen existing relationships during the evening Networking Reception (7th April, 18:00 - 21:00) or the informal continental breakfasts, lunches or impromptu meetings that naturally occur in the educational sessions or on the expo floor.
Once again, CSC2020 is the only event where all these leaders will gather to share experiences and insights, allowing attendees to expand their personal and business networks and learn real-world tactics that can help them take their operations to the next level.
In keeping with the conference's 'Beyond Green' theme is its focus on sustainability, which is also the centerpiece of CSC 2020's Youth Delegate program. This one-of-a-kind program is designed to introduce a new generation of decision-makers to the cleaning and infection prevention/healthcare industries by showcasing their strong stance on sustainability, social responsibility and innovation. Through the program, students preparing to graduate are introduced to the industries by attending the educational sessions, meeting the best-in-class exhibiting manufacturers and networking with leading industry decision-makers.
Best, the learning is designed to go both ways. During the CSC2020 Lunch & Learn, in addition to gaining insight from select mentors, the students will be able to share their insights into what attracts workers of their caliber and age group to join and stay with a company.
With all these opportunities for professional development, anyone involved in managing cleaning, infection prevention and sustainability functions can't afford to miss CSC2020.
Eager to attend CSC 2020, but need to convince your boss? Read the top reasons, then download and personalise the 'Why Attend' letter from the link on the bottom right.
16th January 2020