Cleanzine: your weekly cleaning and hygiene industry newsletter 16th March 2023 Issue no. 1056
Your industry news - first
The original and best - for over 20 years!
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
BSCAI announces Clean Award recipients
Building Service Contractors Association International has announced the recipients of the BSCAI Clean Awards, which demonstrate the best in excellence among building service contractors and categories.
Recipients - ranging from new members to business leadership - were recognised at the BSCAI 2019 Contacting Success Conference in Las Vegas.
The winners were chosen by the BSCAI Awards Committee made up of 13 individuals from member companies.
Making its debut this year is the BSCAI Emerging Leader Award Presented by Contracting Profits. This award is granted to someone who is 40 years old or younger, demonstrates excellence, and is making positive contributions to the contract cleaning industry. This rising star can be the owner of a contract cleaning company or a member of a company's executive team. The inaugural recipient of this award is Michael Marrazzo of Summit Facility Solutions.
The BSCAI Cleaning for Health Award honours BSCs that have Cleaning for Health programs, a cleaning regimen that helps reduce the levels of allergens and asthma triggers in indoor environments. A Cleaning for Health program consists of policies, procedures and training that emphasises the impact on the health of building occupants and staff in addition to equipment that reduces building contaminants and minimises environmental impact.
Since 2015, the Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award has been given to companies that promote leaders from within their organisations and who demonstrate an overall commitment to growth and development by investing in education and training for their employees.
The Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award recognises companies for their volunteer effort for charities and the community, and BSCAI makes a donation to a charity of the winner's choice on their behalf. Other company awards include the Safety Award (given to companies of all sizes with the best safety records), the Industry Service Award, the New Member of the Year Award and the Image Award (given to companies in one of three size categories that have excelled in enhancing the image of their business).
In addition to company awards, BSCAI Clean Awards recognise individuals in the industry. The Building Service Employee of the Year Award honours BSC employees whose job performance, civic involvement and family role best exemplify qualities found in superior custodial employees. The Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service is presented to a BSCAI member who has made outstanding contributions in furthering the programs and image of the association and the BSC industry, while the James E. Purcell Leadership Award - the most prestigious annual award, recognises individuals of long-term service to the association and the industry.
BSCAI's Clean Award recipients include:
* 4M Building Solutions: Large Company Image Award; Category D Safety Award
* AffinEco: Category C Safety Award
* Bravo! Group Services: Category D Safety Award
* Cenplex Building Services: Category B Safety Award
* Contracting Profits: Industry Service Award
* ESS Clean: Mid-Size Company Image Award
* Flair Building Services: Category A Safety Award
* Janitronics Facility Services: Category D Safety Award
* Marlene Lash, Supreme Maintenance Organization: Building Service Employee of the Year Award
* New Image Building Services: Category B Safety Award
* Puritan Commercial Cleaning & Services: Category A Safety Award
* RCF Commercial Cleaning: Category A Safety Award
* Service by Medallion: Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award; BSCAI Cleaning for Health Award Presented by ProTeam
* Simply Right: New Member of the Year Award
* Team MJV: Skip Marsden Award for Educational Excellence
* Tier One Property Services: Category B Safety Award
* Tom Kruse, CBSE, Marsden Holding: James E. Purcell Leadership Award
* Troy Hopkins, CBSE, Office Pride: Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service
For more than 50 years, the BSCAI has been the Business Resource for Contractors. It represents a worldwide network of more than 1,000 member companies from across the US and throughout the world that provide cleaning, facility maintenance, security, landscaping and other related services to building owners and managers. The association provides contractor-specific educational programs, individual certifications, publications, a members-only purchasing program, seminars, industry data and research and networking opportunities, all developed specifically for leaders in the building service industry.
12th December 2019