Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
New and improved IWFM Awards boasts a bumper crop of finalists
The finalists for the Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management Awards 2019, which builds on the heritage of the British Institute of Facilities Management Awards, were announced yesterday.
The IWFM annual Awards put the spotlight on individuals and organisations driving innovation and delivering exceptional results in the profession. And this year's ceremony introduces new categories and promises an updated entertainment offering and an exciting after-ceremony experience.
The 45 finalists in 12 categories across the themes of Impact, Innovation and People are:
Impact: This category seeks to recognise those making a difference to not only the workplace and FM profession but also wider society in the areas of customer experience, the environment, organisational performance and social value.
Impact on the Customer Experience...
* FM Helpdesk Transformation, NHS Property Services
* The customer experience partnership, Engie and Biffa
* Customer Service Program, Emaar Asset Management
* Savills RISE, Savills UK
Impact on Organisational Performance...
* Edge, Heathrow Airport
* UK Operations Team, Rolls-Royce and Mitie
* Improving employee satisfaction and office design through the introduction of height-adjustable desks, Skyscanner Edinburgh
* Transforming a national broadcaster in Scotland, Interserve and the BBC
* Impact on Organisational Performance Standard, Chartered Bank, Mace Macro and Leesman
Impact on Society and Social Value...
* Sodexo Public Service Pledge, Sodexo
* Eric Wright Group Creating Profit for a Purpose, Eric Wright FM
* Junior Engineering Engagement Programme, ABM UK
* A best practice social value framework for lasting legacies for communities, Vinci Facilities
Impact on the Environment...
* Fuel switch: Moving from coal to turmeric and chilli, GSH India and Kaleesuwari
* ISO 50001, An Garda Síochána
* Future proofing FM at Regent Street and St James, Demand Logic with JLL (RSMD) and BNP Paribas Real Estate
* Project Ceres, EY with ISS
Innovation: This category seeks to identify and recognise a stand-out products, services and relationships that help to improve processes, including service delivery, as well as assisting with challenges facing the profession; it invites research into best practice.
Innovation in People Development & Empowerment...
* Building Your Leadership Signature Development Programme, Bouygues Energies and Services UK
* Empowering people through ENGAGE, Interserve and E.ON UK
* Edge, Heathrow Airport
* Cares, Sodexo
Innovation in Products and/or Processes...
* Superproof, SafeGroup
* The Impact Programme, OCS Group UK
* Property/Workplace Integrator, Sodexo
* Evidencing compliance on-site via the 'Customer check in check out' app, Vinci Facilities
Innovation in Supplier Relationships...
* Property Team, Direct Line Group
* Together Stronger Partnership, AstraZeneca and Sodexo
* Heathrow Engineering & Asset Management - Supplier Relationships, Heathrow Airport
Innovation in Technology...
* My Day - Workplace Experience App, EY and ISS
* Delivering world-class VIP visitor experiences, Gregory Blondeau
* Waterless Urinal Technology, WhiffAway Group
* Enterprise Control System, Sainsbury's
* 'Customer check in check out' app, VINCI Facilities
People: This category highlights the individuals making a difference to the profession, their teams and organisations, including those new to the profession and the leaders within it.
Manager of the Year...
* Fiona Stewart, Student Living by Sodexo
* Gaetano D'Altrui, CNCP soc. coop. Facility Management Rome, Italy
* Eng.Vazeer Husain, Adeeb Group, UAE
Newcomer of the Year...
Aimilia Marnerou, Engie
Maddie Hayes, Mace Macro
Jonathan Hill, Engie
Team of the Year...
* Leading the Way: Churchill North East & Yorkshire
* Engineering & Asset Management Facilities Team, Heathrow Airport
* AstraZeneca Macclesfield Campus FM Team
* The Performance and Digital Team, VINCI Facilities
* 1Team, Vodafone and Mitie
"This year's roster of finalists for the IWFM Awards is exceptional," says IWFM Awards chair of judges, Steve Gladwin.
"When market conditions are tough it's easy to dismiss celebrations as trivial and overlook the chance to stand among peers and recognise all the achievements made by teams and by organisations throughout the year. It's at occasions like our Awards and the afterglow that follows, that we recognise some of the best work happening right now in our profession.
"That's why it's more important than ever that we come together as a community to celebrate achievements of distinction, so I urge all those involved in our profession's future to attend."
The winners will be announced at the Awards ceremony at London's Grosvenor House Hotel on Monday, 14th October. Tickets and tables are now available.
18th July 2019