Cleanzine: your weekly cleaning and hygiene industry newsletter 16th March 2023 Issue no. 1056
Your industry news - first
The original and best - for over 20 years!
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Resource & Waste Strategy - an opportunity for discussion
WRAP and DeFRA are hosting informal panels and discussions on the Resource & Waste Strategy and its implication for local authorities. There will be four all-day sessions, with a focus on the Consistency Consultation, at the following locations:
Tuesday 16th April - Darlington
Thursday 18th April - Stafford
Tuesday 23rd April - Southampton
Friday 26th April - Swindon
The sessions are designed to be interactive with the opportunity to speak with key staff involved in Policy & Evidence and the following areas will be covered:
* Minimum Service Standards proposal
* Organics collections
* Business waste proposal and LA roles
* Infrastructure capacity and impacts on gate fees
* Standardisation of containers
* Scheme costs outlined in the IA and funding of LA collections
* How Consistency links to the EPR and DRS Consultations
* Local Authority barriers and individual support needs in the transition to greater Consistency
Due to what is expected to be a high demand for places, attendance will be secured on a first come, first served basis and local authorities are asked to register by Friday 5th April.
E: [email protected] with your name, job title, local authority, the location you wish to attend, and any dietary requirements.
4th April 2019