Cleanzine: your weekly cleaning and hygiene industry newsletter 16th March 2023 Issue no. 1056
Your industry news - first
The original and best - for over 20 years!
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Goodway's new industrial descaling system boasts large capacity for high performance
The GDS-100, is a portable, clean-in-place pump system ideal for descaling cleanings, used to remove limescale, calcium and mineral deposits, rust and other contaminants from HVAC and process manufacturing equipment.
The presence of scale and deposits can act as an insulation barrier on heat transfer surfaces which impact the actual loss of heat transfer and operational efficiencies.
Common cleaning applications include boilers, chillers, condensers, shell & tube and plate type heat exchangers, and vacuum pumps and any other water operated piece of equipment. The high flow capability of this unit at 96 GPM, was designed with gasketed & brazed plate heat exchangers as well as large condenser barrel cleanings in mind.
"The development of scale and other deposits can have a detrimental effect on your equipment-from increasing energy costs to causing equipment failure," says Tim Kane, president of Goodway Technologies. "With the amount of energy heating and cooling systems consume, even the smallest amount of scale can have a tremendous impact.
"We want to make it easier on facility managers to perform the preventative maintenance by introducing the GDS-100."
The GDS-100 industrial descaling system features:
* Heavy duty industrial design and 50-gallon horizontal, vented tank offers
* excellent stability.
* 110V and a chemically-protected (NEMA 4X) electrical box deliver convenience
* and safety.
* Large 1-1/2" x 25' hoses with locking camlock fittings and isolation valves for ease of use and high performance.
* Y strainer and bypass valve functions increase performance by catching particulates for easy disposal, and to offer variable flow to match specific applications.
* Two pressure gauges offer simple performance feedback indicators, while built-in check valves offer safety against liquid flood back, should there be power loss.
* A safe chemical/water fill port to minimize the potential of unwanted spills.
* Designed to handle total volumes ranging from 50 gallons and up.
The GDS-100 is also available in multiple configurations.
Founded in 1966, Goodway Technologies provides innovative maintenance solutions for a wide variety of industries including commercial HVAC, food and beverage processing, power generation and manufacturing. Over the decades, Goodway has worked with customers to create better solutions for tube cleaning systems, industrial vacuums, cooling tower maintenance systems, dry steam solutions, descaling systems, coil cleaning products and practically everything else for the care and maintenance of HVAC systems.
27th September 2018