Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Operation Magnify; Bulletin 4 - Immigration Act 2016: John Findlater of the Cleaning & Support Services Association, writes...
Dear CSSA Members and Industry Colleagues,
We have been advised of the following by Philippa Rouse, Head of Illegal Migration, Identity Security & Enforcement from the Home Office's Immigration & Border Policy Directorate (IBPD): The Immigration Bill 2015, which had been introduced in Parliament in September 2015, has now received Royal Assent and will be known as the Immigration Act 2016.
The Act introduces new sanctions to clamp down on illegal migration, protect our public services and tackle exploitation of low-skilled workers. Measures in the Act to tackle illegal working include:
* Making it a criminal offence to work in the UK illegally, with the consequence that wages can be seized more easily as the proceeds of crime
* Strengthening the existing offence of employing an illegal worker
* Preventing illegal working in licensed premises
* Preventing illegal working in the private hire vehicle and taxi sector
* Illegal working closure notice and compliance orders
We have been advised that measures in the Act will be implemented over the coming months and consequently we will provide you with further updates as the work progresses and we receive them. Whilst not all above appear to impact on our Industry we will ensure all updates are examined to ascertain if they could be applied to your businesses.
Further information on the content of the Immigration Act 2016 can be found at:
Ed: if you'd like to know more about the benefits of joining a reputable industry association such as the CSSA, contact John at:
26th May 2016