Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
10 reasons to start tracking your vehicles
Giselle Bigsby, sales manager of TrackVehicles365, writes...
Vehicle trackers are a small device that can be fitted to any sort of vehicle, and through tracking the vehicle via a GPS signal they offer businesses are huge amount of benefits.
But why go to the expense of implementing a vehicle tracking system? Here are 10 of the most common reasons.
1. Vehicle tracking systems can help to reduce running costs by specifically targeting those who speed and waste fuel. By focussing upon these drivers it is possible to not only reduce fuel and maintenance bills, but to also reduce insurance premiums.
2. By using a system's automatic mileage reminder it is possible to reduce time wasted through vehicle maintenance. In addition, by having a service that ensures your vehicles are regularly serviced means that resale values for the fleet will also be higher. It can also help to avoid penalties for issues such as bald tyres and tax as reminders are clear and precise.
3. Some insurance companies will offer around a 30% discount to companies that implement a GPS vehicle tracking system. This is not only because it encourages safer driving, but also helps recovery if thefts do occur.
4. Productivity of workers can be increased by being able to keep track of lunch hours, exposing unauthorised stops and breaks and by evaluating the overtime requests of workers. By having detailed information on the whereabouts of vehicles at all times, it is far easier to keep an eye on employee activities.
5. GPS devices help businesses to become more customer friendly. For instance, a company that is using a vehicle tracking system can tell a customer exactly where the delivery vehicle or service engineer is and give a realistic estimate on how long it will be.
6. Business owners can find their most productive employees and use this information to implement further training or even a system of bonuses to enhance staff members' work ethic.
7. Vehicle tracking systems will vastly reduce your phone bills as it is no longer a necessity to constantly call employees to find their location.
8. By having all the relevant information on one screen, those running the software have easy access to answer enquiries rapidly and accurately.
9. GPS systems reduce the amount of paperwork that drivers must fill out. By doing this you not only soften the blow of introducing such a system, but also increase the accuracy of your records.
10. By having detailed information on the whereabouts of all employees, business owners are far more in touch with their business operations. Meaning they have greater levels of control over their company.
17th March 2016