Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
2015-16 Free Local Authority WRAP Workshop dates announced
WRAP has announced its 2015 workshop programme for Local Authority waste & recycling officers in England. The workshops will take place in Birmingham city centre and the topics and dates are as follows:
* Approaches to Materials Sales - Wednesday 10th February 2016. This workshop aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills they need to enable them to maximise the financial benefit obtained by their authorities for the dry recyclables collected as part of their provision of waste management services.
* Tackling Contamination - Wednesday 2nd December 2015, Thursday 3rd March 2016. This workshop aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills they need to be able to understand how to maximise the quality and minimise the contamination from their recycling collections.
* How to collect data to improve the performance of recycling collections - Thursday 4th February 2016. This workshop aims to provide delegates with practical methods for monitoring the performance of recycling collection schemes to identify what is working well and how schemes can be improved.
* Optimising Food Waste Collections - Tuesday 3rd November 2015, Tuesday 9th February 2016. This workshop aims to provide local authority officers with an understanding of how the performance of their household food waste collection service can be optimised to increase the yields of food waste collected and minimise the net costs of that service.
* Core Recycling Communications - Further dates to be confirmed. This workshop aims to provide delegates with the necessary knowledge to understand what makes communications about recycling work, how to maximise the impact of communications, understand the wealth of materials available from Recycle Now, gain ideas on communicating with limited resources and start the action planning and business case development needed for progressing their recycling communications.
WRAP says it has had a busy start to its Local Authority Dissemination Events. Over 100 Local Authority officers, contractors and third sector delegates have already benefitted from its tailored sessions on 'ommunications and the Recycle Now refresh, Re-use, Collecting Data to Improve Collections, Food Waste Collections, Marketing Dry Recyclables and Tackling Contamination.
Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with delegates quoted as saying: "I'm so glad that I took time out of the office to come. It was really useful", "A very informative workshop, great structure and engagement," and "A useful focussed session".
While these workshops are aimed primarily at Local Authorities, other interested parties are welcome to register interest, although priority will be given to local authority delegates when allocating places.
22nd October 2015