Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
British Institute of Cleaning Science recognises industry achievers at glittering awards dinner
It was an evening of entertainment, networking and first-class cuisine, as over 200 guests gathered at the Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club in Birmingham for the BICSc Annual Awards.
The black-tie event attracted cleaning and facilities management professionals from across the industry who enjoyed a memorable evening, which saw 11 awards presented to those who had maintained exceptionally high standards via training and assessment throughout the year.
The Institute's top accolade, The Sholom Gordon Award, went to Doug Cooke, CEO of Principle Cleaning and former Chairman of the British Cleaning Council, for his services to the industry over many years.
BICSc CEO, Stan Atkins, paid special tribute to Colin Hasson, who sadly passed away in April this year. Stan announced that the BICSc International Award would now be known as the 'Colin Hasson International Award' in Colin's honour, a move which brought warm applause from the room.
After the presentation of the awards and banquet dinner, guests took part in the Charity Auction and raffle, which this year was in aid of the St Margaret of Scotland Hospice.
With the evening's main business over, live band Stirling Austin took to the stage and performed an uplifting set of classic hits from the Motown and Swing eras, filling the dance floor until the evening came to a close around midnight.
The BICSc Awards Dinner is one of the few 'must-attend' events in the cleaning and FM calendar, and the purpose built conference marquee adjoining the Forest of Arden Hotel, was a perfect setting for this special evening, which, say the organisers, was one of the most successful awards night yet.
BICSc 2015 Award Winners
* Sholom Gordon Award - Winner - Douglas Cooke
* Eric Hill Medal - Winner - Michael Henderson
* Colin Hasson International Award - Winner - Colin Hanks
* Ayres Regional Award - Winner - Northern Ireland Region
* BICSc Award for Client Commitment to Training - Winner - Sussex Estates & Facilities LLP
* Doreen Heyes Award - Winner - St George's Hospital, London (MITIE)
* BICSc Outstanding Student of the Year Award - Winner - Tyler Hamilton, HMP Wormwood Scrubs
* BICSc Award for Excellence in Training and Assessment within an Accredited Training Organisation (in-house) - Winner - Manchester Metropolitan University
* BICSc Award for Excellence in Training and Assessment within an Accredited Training Establishment - Winner - HMP Norwich
* BICSc Award for Assessor of the Year - Winner - Sarah Marsland, Manchester Metropolitan University
* CIMS Award For Commitment to Excellence - Winner - Principle Cleaning Services
24th September 2015