Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Finalists for CMS Purus Awards announced
Following the selection of a shortlist by a panel of experts, the 15 entries for the final round of the current CMS Purus Awards have now been chosen, from the 60 products that were submitted this year by more than 40 CMS 2015 Berlin exhibitors.
The shortlisted products in the five categories of Machinery, Equipment, Washroom Hygiene, Management Systems & Software and Brand Communication, are said to be examples of outstanding design quality and they are:
* Alfred Karcher GmbH - Karcher MC 130 Adv suction sweeper
* Fimap Spa - Genie XS scrubber dryer
* Nilfisk GmbH - VP600 commercial vacuum cleaner
* Schneidereit GmbH - EasyMopp washing machine
* Sebo Stein GmbH, Sebo 350 Evolution upright vacuum cleaner
* Diversey Deutschland GmbH - oHG, Smart Mix Pro dispensing system
* hollu Systemhygiene GmbH - holluQUID liquid washing system
* Tana Chemie GmbH - SMART-System dispensing and safety system
* Unger Deutschland GmbH - nLite HydroPower deionisation filter
* Vileda Professional GmbH - UltraSpeed Pro wet flat mopping system
* CWS-boco Deutschland GmbH, -Paradise Air Bar fragrance dispenser
* SCA Hygiene Products AfH Sales GmbH - Tork Image Design dispenser range
Management Systems and Software:
* IGEFA Handelsgesellschaft mbH - icos-Systemfamilie ordering and information system
* Johannes Kiehl KG, Kiehl-App product information app
* Alfred Kärcher GmbH - Restorative cleaning of Aachen cathedral
Immediately prior to CMS 2015, a panel of judges will select the winners during a second round of voting and the awards will be presented during the opening event on 22nd September. The 15 competition entries that made the final round will be on display together in Hall 1.2. Awards ceremony on 22nd September 2015 at the opening event of CMS
The Purus Awards have been presented by the team at Messe Berlin GmbH at CMS since 2005, believe that good design goes hand in hand with new functions, processes and technologies as well as new materials and products and services.
Design graduate Dietmar Muhr has been chosen to chair the panel of judges. The members of the decision-making committee, in alphabetical order, are:
· Christof Flototto: Design graduate; chairman of the VDID (Association of German Industrial Designers) Berlin, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-West Pomerania; founder of the creative network and gallery ‘erstererster’, consultant and designer with Die Geschwister Flototto.
· Alexander Holzmann: Managing director of the publisher Holzmann Medien GmbH; media partner ’rationell reinigen’.
· Martin Lutz: Managing director of FIGR Research & Testing Institute for Facility Management GmbH and Lutz Technical Manuals for Cleaning & Hygiene Systems; publicly appointed and officially approved specialist advisor to the building cleaning trade.
· Professor Kurt Mehnert: Designer; rector of Folkwang University of the Arts; proprietor of mehnert corporate design gmbH
· Dietmar Muhr: Design graduate; founder and managing director of Plexgroup; member of the board of IDZ International Design Centre Berlin
· Fadime Sarikaya: Management specialist, co-proprietor of the sarikohn company
· Stephan Schwarz: President of the Berlin Chamber of Trades; board member of the National Cleaning Trades Association; managing partner of the GRG. Building Cleaners
Image (from left): Dietmar Mühr, Cornelia Horsch, Prof. Kurt Mehnert, Martin Lutz, Alexander Holzmann
18th June 2015