Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
From six nations to 57...
Kyran Bracken, Former England Scrum Half (boasting 51 caps) and ITV's Dancing on Ice champion in 2007, will present a motivational Keynote Presentation on the opening morning of the Cleaning Show 2015, to - potentially - visitors from 57 nations, since an analysis of the 5,000 people who have pre-registered to attend the show, shows a spread of visitors from 57 different countries.
Though plagued with injury, Kyran earned 170 Saracens caps and 50 for England, including his major contribution to England's World Cup win in 2003.
His presentation will be free of charge to attend, on a first-come-first-served basis, and will inspire managers within the cleaning and hygiene sector to incorporate leadership skills and a strong team ethic in order to deliver results that will leave your opposition in their wake.
Kyran's speech will take place on Tuesday, 10th March at 10:30 in the seminar theatre, but if you're exhibiting and can't leave your stand, you may just get to meet him as he'll be touring the show both before and after his speech.
There's plenty more though... With the move to London's ExCel centre, the show organisers have created a series of compelling new features for the event, ensuring that visitors and exhibitors get full value from time spent out of the office. Some of the new key features that transform the old Cleaning Show into a true industry event are:
* A free seminar programme: The seminar programme will consider solutions to challenges currently facing the industry. Keynote topics already confirmed include the Living Wage, immigration and employment issues, training, business growth, and health & safety.
* The Training Academy: An opportunity to learn more about products and techniques, to get professional advice in developing your business, as well as a host of other topics designed to improve the way you work.
* Careers Clinic: Sign up for a free 30 minute consultation with FM Network, for professional careers advice.
* The Cleaning Show Innovation Awards: The Cleaning Show Innovation Awards have been updated, improved and companies can enter simply by visiting the Cleaning Show website before the entry deadline of 28th February. Categories include: cleaning products; floor cleaning; outdoor cleaning; carpet cleaning; window cleaning; washroom hygiene; sustainable cleaning; and management systems. A panel of professional judges will ensure an awards programme that is better than ever. The award winners will be announced in the Seminar Theatre at 4.15pm on Tuesday 10th March.
* Platinum Sponsorship: For the first time in the Cleaning Show's history, MITIE is sponsoring the event and is working hard to attract visitors from its existing and potential customer base.
* The Exclusive VIP Lounge: This private area - constructed at the heart of the main exhibition - offers visitors and exhibitors a venue to hold meetings and one-to-one discussions.
* The Guinness World Record Attempt: Terry 'Turbo' Burrows, the world's fastest window cleaner, is throwing down the gauntlet, challenging window cleaners from across the globe to take him on and take his crown! The official world record challenge event which is being sponsored by Unger and Principle Window Cleaning and will take place on Wednesday 11th March. Would be record breakers can enter by completing the form on the Cleaning Show website. www.cleaningshow.co.uk - if a new world record holder is crowned at the completion of the event they will receive a cash prize of £1,000.
* A series of social and networking events: The Cleaning Show represents the largest gathering of cleaning professionals and hygiene experts in the UK and is the ideal place to attend meetings and network with customers and colleagues, old and new. A programme of social events has been devised, and a number of industry associations will be taking the opportunity to hold meetings and stage presentations during the Cleaning Show.
* Twitter Sessions: Small businesses who want to find out how to use and engage with social media to their advantage can learn how to set up Twitter tweets effectively by having a free training session with the show's expert.
* Over 100 industry-leading companies showcased within the exhibition: The UK cleaning industry's main producers and suppliers of machines, products and services will demonstrate their latest, cutting edge solutions.
A full list of exhibitors and further information is available at:
12th February 2015