We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Welcome to the
Cleanzine - the original Cleaning & Hygiene industry e-news
Read by industry professionals in 163 countries worldwide!
I've been speaking with the owner of a guesthouse who's had complaints from some of the residents over the past year or so, about the smell of damp. Two of the longer term residents have now started to suffer from sinusitis and respiratory problems, which led to the landlord removing a grille between one of the en suites and the adjoining bedroom, which had been hidden by a bed.
As our image shows, there is black mould within the cavity that appears to go right along the wall and I understand that this is the case with other rooms too.
The landlord had started to use bleach to clean the mould but following a disagreement with the residents, agreed to wait to take further action until Cleanzine's readers have had their say, so it's over to you...
Are you able to suggest methods and products please that will help this reader (and probably others too) safely remove the mould and prevent its recurrence? The guesthouse has 35 bedrooms, many of which have en suites. Thank you!
Please get in touch either by emailing me or posting a comment on our Facebook page. www.facebook.com/Cleanzine
You can also follow us on Twitter @cleanzine
11th September 2014