Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Australian wins RIA Award; new RIA Executive Committee and Board announced
The Restoration Industry Association has announced that Ashley Easterby of Brisbane, Australia-based Network Restorers, is the latest winner of the Martin L. King Award. The RIA has also announced changes to its Executive Committee and Board.
RIA presented its highest individual industry honour, the Martin L. King Award, to Ashley Easterby at its recent 69th Annual Convention and Industry Expo in Orlando, Fla. Amongst his achievements, Ashley was able to create a strong network because he convinced restorers in the Australian market that they would receive mutual benefit by working together, and he convinced insurance carriers to give the group a chance.
He also established a cutting-edge, Internet-based job management system that the judges believe rivals any in existence, expanded the group's service offerings to include a third party administrator service that administers multiple-area restoration claims for carriers, and established a training academy to make the best minds in the global restoration industry available to his network.
Given annually, the Martin L. King Award recognises an individual's exceptional service and dedication to the restoration industry.
"To have been selected for the Martin L. King award from among the many highly deserving individuals is truly an honour," he said.
Also announced at the Convention were the changes to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. Serving on the Executive Committee are:
* President: Scott Stamper, CR - Regency DKI FL, NC & MI, Clinton Township, MI
* 1st Vice President: Chuck Violand - Violand Management Associates, North Canton, OH
* Vice President: Mark Springer, CR - Dayspring Cleaning & Restoration, Missoula, MT
* Secretary: Jack White, CR, WLS - Rainbow International, Waco, TX
* Treasurer: Larry Holder, CR - Belfor USA Group, Denver, CO
* Immediate Past President: Samuel J. Bergman, CR - Rolyn Companies, Rockville, MD
Serving as at-large directors are:
* Duncan Bennett, WLS - Network Restorers, Helensvale, QLD/Australia
* Michael Goldberg, CR - RestoreCore, Harrisburg, PA
* Scott Jones, CR - G.S. Jones, Pittsburgh, PA
* Bill Loveland - Xactware, Orem, UT
* John Rybski, CR - Belfor Property Restoration, Ypsilanti, MI
* Dale Sharp, CR - Sharp & Robbins Construction, Bartlett, TN
Representing individual professionals is:
Les Cunningham - Business Networks, Walterville, OR
Serving as Council representatives on the board are:
* Canadian Council: Art Johnson, CR, WLS - Johnson Training, Port Coquitlam, BC/Canada
* Environmental Council: Tom Peter, CIH - Insurance Restoration Specialists, Monroe Township, NJ
* Vendor Council: Ken Rothmel - Sunbelt Rentals, Fort Mill, SC
Representatives to the Board from the RIA Contents and Restoration Councils will be named pending confirmation.
"There are a number of critical issues impacting our industry and organisation, and we are fortunate to have such an outstanding team to lead RIA over the next year," said Scott Stamper, CR, at the event. "Invalidating the patent held by ThermaPure that has resulted in a series of lawsuits against our members will be one of our major priorities in the coming months."
RIA is the oldest and largest trade association representing the restoration and reconstruction industry with member firms worldwide. RIA serves and represents the interests of its members by promoting the highest ethical standards; providing education, professional qualification and certification opportunities; positively influencing regulations and governmental actions; and advancing the safety, image, efficiency, and competitiveness of industry members.
24th April 2014