Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
SCA to launch new Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth in North America
Earlier this week, SCA, the producer of the Tork brand of Away-from-Home professional hygiene products, announced the launch of a new, extremely low-lint wiper for technical cleaning tasks involving sensitive surfaces.
Designed to meet the needs of clients in lint and static electricity-sensitive industries such as electronics, aircraft manufacturing, printing, vehicle painting and food processing, the Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth delivers extremely low-lint cleaning, certified anti-static properties, excellent solvent use and a high absorption capacity of oil and water.
"At SCA, many of our innovations come directly from customer experience feedback," said Trevor Kelley, product manager for SCA's Away from Home Professional Hygiene business in North America. "When our customers who work with highly sensitive surfaces told us low-lint should be as close to no lint as possible, we got to work.
"The Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth answers this need, enabling professionals to easily achieve pristine results."
Offering softness, strength, absorbency and low-linting, the new cloth is designed to improve the process of cleaning, sanitising or disinfecting sensitive components, tools and surfaces across a range of industries:
* Electronics: Cleaning and polishing exterior casings and interior parts requires a strong and soft solution that leaves no residues. Suitable for use in an electrostatic protective area, this wiper will help prevent harmful static discharge.
* Aircraft manufacturing: Tested to Aerospace Material Specifications (AMS) 3819C, this cloth delivers the precise cleaning required for interlocking parts, as well as a polished look with no dye.
* Print Shops: In an environment where preparing of surfaces for print can make the difference between a perfect job and a reorder, this cloth's absorbency and low-linting make the shop experience much smoother.
* Food processing: These facilities benefit from the clean 'touch' this wiper provides on equipment and countertops, as well as absorbency for working with water, solvents, sanitisers, and disinfectants.
* Vehicle Painting: When a 'showroom look' is essential, vehicle painting companies can rely on this cloth for exterior cleaning and polishing.
The Tork Industrial Low-Lint Cleaning Cloth has been designed and tested to meet the low-lint standards of the Society of Automotive Engineers, the world's largest automotive and aerospace standards setting body. Testing was conducted by the University of Dayton Research Institute. Additional testing performed by the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden shows that the cloth meets anti-static standards and is therefore suitable for Electrostatic Protective Area environments. Moreover, it is solvent suitable, performing well in chemical reaction testing with the American Standard Test Method ASTM D-543.
To learn more or to sign up for a free trial (currently North America only), visit:
7th May 2015