Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Site and transport safety simplified
Vehicle movements and loading and unloading vehicles can be some of the most dangerous activities carried out on a worksite.
A course taking place in London on 7th July 2015, organised by the government-body HSL, is designed to help you understand the legal requirements of both road traffic law and workplace safety law, how and why things go wrong, and how you can take practicable steps to reduce risk in your business.
The course will cover:
* Background for load securing
* Legal principles and UK and European requirements
* Use of the vehicle structure for load securing
* Lashing loads for safe road transport
* Responsibility and communication in the transport chain
* Working at height and fall prevention
* Vehicle/pedestrian separation and preventing incidents
* Risk assessment and systems of work for loading and transport
The course will be useful for site managers and transport managers working in general haulage, retail, warehousing and distribution and a full programme and online booking form can be found on the Training in London event page.
18th June 2015