We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Tissue World Sao Paulo conference: meet the outstanding speakers
The world's leading event series on tissue, takes place for the first time in South America next month. From 20th - 22nd May, delegates will gather in Sao Paulo, Brazil, at the Transamerica Expo Centre, to network and to listen to a line-up of outstanding international speakers, including:
* Thiago Lofiego, director at Bank of America - Merrill Lynch Equity Research. Heading the Latin America Pulp & Paper and Metals & Mining teams, he will present a study on global pulp market and supply/demand trends. Mr. Lofiego is #1 ranked in the Institutional Investor Research Ranking for the last two years.
* Leonardo Freitas, research analyst at Euromonitor Brazil, is responsible for conducting market research and producing in-depth content for the Tissue, Hygiene and Home Care industries in Brazil. He will present on emerging trends and opportunities in the expanding Brazilian tissue and hygiene market and the key drivers behind the dynamic growth of the sector in the forecast period.
* Laurence Bonday, senior industry manager at Nalco, is responsible for the development of new technology and offerings for the tissue industry. He will share new Yankee coating chemistry technology that has been recently developed, which gives significant improvement in tissue softness and manufacturing productivity.
* Edvins Ratneiks, technology manager with CMPC Celulose Riograndense is well known in the industry for providing advanced group experiences to increase productivity. He will provide an exclusive tissue maker's perspective on emerging acceptance of eucalyptus fibre and its prospective future in the tissue industry.
* Anderson Jose Beber, applications leader, Industrial Water (Cooling & Boiler) Latin America at Solenis, will discuss water reuse challenges and considerations for cooling and boiler systems, in 'Why reuse water?'
* Marco Brujas, product manager for Yankee Dryers at Voith Paper, will analyse Steel Plate Yankees, Siphon System and Thermal Insulation for Heads.
Holding this event in San Paulo is and inspired choice. Brazil is the largest tissue producing country in Latin America, making up 32% (1.274 million metric tonnes) of the 3.978 million metric tonne market. It experienced a significant spike in growth starting late 2007 to early 2008, and continued to grow even with global recessionary headwinds, although this growth trend appears to be levelling out over the past year.
Increasingly important and growing are Colombia, Chile and Peru, which together represent 18% of the market (Source: Fisher Solve, Fisher International).
Tissue World Sao Paulo 2015 will delve into the growing and diversified tissue markets of Brazil and South America, with a particular focus on Colombia, Chile and Peru. The whole industry will be covered, from pulp production where Brazil is particularly strong, to distribution and retail channels. Tissue World Sao Paulo will therefore offer the ideal platform for companies and individuals within the tissue industry to source knowledge and business opportunities in the whole South America and beyond.
The conference will bring together leading national and international tissue industry speakers with tissue makers, converters and suppliers, allowing delegates to share knowledge, network, discuss and lead the way forward for these regions' growing tissue industry. Conference topics will cover various aspects of the tissue business ranging from tissue making, converting to sustainability, retail distribution and consumer trends.
16th April 2015