Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Elevance Clean 1200 now commercially available in Europe
Elevance Renewable Sciences, a US-based chemicals company that creates speciality chemicals from natural oils, announced during the Cleaning Show that its bio-based ingredient, Elevance Clean 1200, is now commercially available in Europe through Equilex Chemicals BV.
Our picture shows the product's performance being tested against that of alternative products.
The product is highly compatible across a range of aqueous and organic solutions while being used at neutral pH in cleaning products for a wide range of applications such as metal cleaning, industrial and institutional degreasing, transportation, oil field, textiles, and food processing.
Elevance Clean 1200 can be used directly, blended with other ingredients or emulsified with the addition of surfactants. Its specific product attributes include:
* Strong solvency characteristics surpassing that of d-limonene, dibasic esters, vegetable esters and isoparaffins as measured on the Kauri butanol (Kb) scale.
* Formulating compatibility across a range of organic and aqueous cleaners, providing a boost in cleaning performance that surpasses other solvent-based and surfactant-based cleaning formulations.
* Excellent performance across a broad range of cleaning applications, including metal cleaning, industrial and institutional degreasing, transportation, oil field, textiles, and food processing.
* Outperforming standard cleaning formulations in the market at neutral pH (6-9), eliminating the need for highly caustic cleaning products, demanding and time-consuming personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements, and the need to preserve sensitive metal substrates.
Produced from natural oils, the product meets increasingly restrictive environmental requirements, a key benefit as industries continue to come under pressure to reduce greenhouse gas emissions globally. Further, it is non-flammable for easier handling, improving worker safety while providing excellent grease removal at neutral pH, allowing for much safer and easier handling than highly caustic and acidic cleaners. It is also:
* VOC exempt (Directive 2004/42/CE of the European Parliament and the Council)
* REACH registered
* Readily biodegradable (by OECD method)
* Free of components listed in the EU Dangerous Substances Directive (Regulation No. 1272/2008)
"Elevance Clean 1200 is designed for cleaning applications where superior performance and an improved environmental profile is desired," said Andy Corr, Elevance senior vice president, Consumer & Industrial Ingredients. "Customer response has been positive and we are pleased that we're now able to bring this product to the European market."
Patrick Elie, Equilex commercial director, said: "This novel solvent fits well with our strategy to introduce new, bio-based chemicals into our current markets and will nicely complement our existing range of products.
"Equilex Chemicals will use the broad international experience of its commercial, technical and logistics teams to support development of the European market for this exciting new product."
Elevance Clean 1200 was recently named the Bio-Based Product Innovation of the Year at the WBM Bio Business Awards 2015 for its ability to boost the cleaning performance of formulations by rapidly penetrating the most challenging soils.
19th March 2015