Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Just one week until IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo programme unfolds
In just one week, (September 17th – 19th) the International Facility Management Association will host thousands of FM professionals at its World Workplace Conference & Expo in New Orleans, US, and an exciting programme of events has been organised.
The value-packed conference programme includes, amongst other things:
* Engaging and inspiring keynote speakers
* Cutting-edge educational offerings
* A world-renowned product and services exposition
Delegates will be invited to pursue exceptional professional development opportunities… whether it’s a world-renowned professional credential programme, information on an IFMA Foundation-accredited degree programme or any of the timely educational sessions, IFMA’s World Workplace is a hub of gold standard FM professional development opportunities.
The impressive course matrix has something to offer FM professionals at any point in their careers, from the 100 Level intended for new and emerging FMs to the 300 Level for seasoned practitioners with five or more years of experience.
Sessions are organised into 14 sub-categories that reflect FM competencies, coupled with FM solutions and research:
* Operations and Maintenance
* Finance and Business
* Real Estate and Property Management
* Human Factors
* Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
* Project Management
* Leadership and Strategy
* Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity
* Academic and Research
* FM Solutions
Consistent with the conference theme, ‘FM + Strategy x Innovation = Your Formula for Success’, those taking part will be able to customise their educational experiences to meet their own professional needs and interests.
For the first time, sessions have also been organized into four new Learning Labs:
* Leadership: Focuses on C-suite conversations, needs and expectations.
* Leading and Bleeding Edge: Highlights visionary FM concepts and practices.
* Management Skills: Focuses on soft skills for those who want to perfect their management style.
* Performance: Highlights best practices from world-class organisations and individuals.
Opening keynote speaker is Peter Sheahan, founder and CEO of ChangeLabs and author of six books. Peter is known internationally for inspiring innovative business thinking and creating lasting behaviour change. He has worked with some of the world’s leading brands, including Google, Apple, IBM, News Corp., Harley Davidson and GlaxoSmithKline. His insights into business trends and the changing needs of customers and staff have made him a regular presenter on Fox Business. In 2008, he was a featured expert in a five-part global series on innovation on CNBC. He has delivered more than 2,000 presentations to over 300,000 people in 15 different countries. In September 2012, he was inducted into the National Speakers Association Hall of Fame, receiving the Council of Peers Award for Excellence lifetime achievement award for speaking excellence.
Peter will be presenting: ‘Creative Strategies for Turning Challenge into Opportunity, and Change into Competitive Advantage’, on Wednesday, 17th from 10.00 - 11:30, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Conference Auditorium, 2nd Level.
Three speakers will offer closing keynotes in the style of the popular, bite-sized TED Talks on Friday, 19th, from 14.15 – 15.15, immediately following the Awards of Excellence Luncheon. These events will take place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, La Nouvelle Orleans Ballroom.
* Speaker 1, Simon T. Bailey, will present: ‘Shift Your Brilliance’. Simon is a leadership imagineer and author whose expertise equips emerging leaders and organisations with tips, tools and techniques to unleash their potential. He is the former sales director of the world-renowned Disney Institute and founder of Brilliance Institute and has been cited by Meetings and Conventions magazine as “one of the best keynote speakers ever heard or used,” putting him in the same category as Bill Gates, General Colin Powell and Tony Robbins. Speaker Magazine cited him as one of the top 25 “hot speakers” shaping the profession, and in 2013, Simon was Meetings Net Editors’ pick for favourite speaker of the year. He is a weekly columnist for American City Business Journal and has been quoted in Entrepreneur Magazine. He has spoken in front of worldwide audiences and impacted more than a million people working with brands like Verizon, Chevron, McDonald’s, Nationwide, Wells Fargo and Subway.
* Speaker 2, Crystal Washington, will present: ‘Social Media for Natural Disasters’. Crystal is a social media marketing strategist and author who has been hired by companies including Google, Microsoft and GE for her ability to take action online. She has an ability to take complex Web and social media topics and make them easy to understand and accessible for everyday people and small business owners. As the owner of CWM Enterprises and co-founder of Socialtunities, a social media instructional brand aimed at training, she educates consumers on the practical applications of social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. She hosts a weekly technology segment on Houston’s Fox television affiliate and has appeared in Black Enterprise Magazine, Essence and on CareerBuilder.com. She has been interviewed by ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS and numerous radio stations and magazines around the globe as a social media expert.
* Speaker 3, Kaplan Mobray, will present: ‘The 10 I’s of Innovation: How to Think on Your Feet and Generate Ideas That Win!’ Kaplan is an acclaimed author, thought leader, career coach and motivational speaker on topics such as personal branding, leadership, networking, public speaking and success. His presentations have been described as life-changing events. For more than 15 years he has led corporate marketing, advertising and brand development initiatives for Fortune 500 companies. He speaks to a variety of audiences, including professional organisations, colleges and universities, sales forces and corporations. He has been featured on CNN, CBS, NBC, Fox, BET, Ad Age, Businessweek and shared his message with NFL players at Super Bowls XLIV and XLV. He was named one of the Top 40 Under 40 by the Network Journal Magazine and received the 2008 Rising Star Award by the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR). He has been widely quoted in the media and is a frequent speaker at professional conferences.
More information about each speaker, including brief summaries of their presentations, is available online at www.worldworkplace.ifma.org/events/opening-keynote and
IFMA is the world's largest and most widely recognized international association for FM professionals, supporting 24,000 members in 96 countries. The association's members, represented in 131 chapters and 17 councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than US$100 billion in products and services. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies professionals in FM, conducts research, provides educational programs and produces World Workplace, the world's largest FM conference and exposition. To join and follow IFMA's social media outlets online, visit the association's LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter pages. For more information, visit the IFMA press room or www.ifma.org
11th September 2014