Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Nominees announced for Amsterdam Innovation Awards 2014
The jury of the 10th edition of the ISSA/Interclean Amsterdam Innovation Awards has selected 10 nominees from a total of 66 entries. The overall winner, the category winners and visitors' choice winners of this international prize for the best innovation in the professional cleaning industry, will be announced during a special awards ceremony on Tuesday 6th May, at the Amsterdam RAI.
The following 10 nominees are selected as the top three in their category:
Category 1 - Machines, accessories and components:
* T17 Battery Powered Heavy-Duty Rider Scrubber, Tennant (This heavy-duty ride-on scrubber is designed to offer all-day cleaning on a single charge while reducing the amount of water and chemical needed to clean)
* Visioair, Teinnova (Visioair is a machine that can view, clean and produce a video report in AC ducts of all sizes - in one single operation. It uses air injection rather than traditional brushing)
* Wetrok Discomatic Mambo, Wetrok (This extremely compact 30 litre scrubber dryer features a lithium ion battery for long running times and its size makes it manoeuvrable and economical to run)
Category 2 - Equipment/tools for cleaning, care and safety:
* B 60/10 C, Kärcher (This MopVac concept fits between the mop-and-bucket and scrubber dryer. It mops and dries floors without the need for batteries or connection to mains electricity)
* Biotech, Sofidel (Biotech is a biologically active toilet tissue containing microorganisms that produce enzymes on contact with water. These enzymes feed on the dirt in pipes in sewers, helping to reduce the need for cleaning)
* Orbio os3, Tennant (This unit allows customers to generate their own cleaning and disinfecting solutions on-site - created through water electrolysis and using salt - so reducing conventional chemical use)
Category 3 - Management, Training Solutions and Related Products:
* Alpheios ExpertAtHand, Alpheios (This app for devices such as Google Glass makes it possible for a cleaning expert to look through the eyes of a cleaner on-site and communicate with them in real time)
* ECMR, European Cleaning Machines Recycling (European Cleaning Machines Recycling is offering a transparent recycling solution for used cleaning machines. The company collects machines, dismantles them and sells the materials for recycling in accordance with environmental legislation)
* Hako-Fleet-Management-Solutions, Hako (This system is designed to manage fleets of cleaning machines and to help customers to control and run them economically via mobile phone and internet)
* Kärcher Fleet Services, Kärcher (Thisis a solution for managing fleets of cleaning machines. Data is taken from machines, analysed and made available for use on a web-based user interface)
For the second time, visitors will cast their vote for their favourite nomination. The product or solution that collects the most votes will receive the Visitors' Choice Award during the award ceremony.
"Once again the jury has been impressed with the high standard of entries for this year's awards, and the considerable work that has gone into preparing each entry," said Chair of the Amsterdam Innovation Award jury, Michelle Marshall, as the nominees were announced.
"Across the various categories we have seen a most interesting mix, a range of products that really demonstrates how much manufacturers are developing solutions that take into account the genuine day-to-day needs of their customers.
"As demonstrated in previous years, the sustainability trend is proving it is very much here to stay and we continue to see new products that use less water, energy and chemicals. Not only that, they have also been manufactured using more environmentally conscious methods and with an eye on the total life cycle impact.
"It is also most encouraging to see the industry taking advantage of latest web-based technology - with the introduction of some highly intelligent solutions that should genuinely assist cleaning operations to be more efficient, productive and streamlined."
The jury will jointly select the three category winners and one overall winner after a live presentation and demonstration of the 10 nominated products. The winners will be announced at the special awards ceremony on 6th May, the first day of ISSA/Interclean Amsterdam. During this ceremony keynote speaker Peter van Herrewegge of Prime Life, owner of 60 care homes in the UK and honoured with several innovation rewards, will elaborate on what Innovation means for businesses and services in our industry.
Visitors' Choice Award
The 2014 International jury:
Michelle Marshall, Chairman: Chief Editor European Cleaning Journal. UK
Reinhard Knittler: Publisher Reinigungs Markt. Germany
Paolo Pellizzari: Editor Pulizia Industriale e Sanificazione. Italy
Pierre Deschamps: Chief Editor Batiment Entretien. France
Rob Geissler: Publisher Sanitary Maintenance, Contracting Profits, Housekeeping Solutions. US
Cor van der Velden: Chief Expert at Skills Netherlands. The Netherlands
Dick van Zomeren: Industry Expert and Editor Service Management. The Netherlands
Ton van der Riet: Managing Director Senzora. The Netherlands
The Amsterdam Innovation Award supports the African Medical & Research Foundation (AMREF) Flying Doctors, and their projects in Africa providing accessible water and sanitary facilities for the community.
ISSA/ Interclean Amsterdam will take place from 6th - 9th May 2014.
and foodservice facilities. ISSA/INTERCLEAN Amsterdam was founded in 1967 and celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2014.
Image: Hako Fleet Management Solutions demonstrated at CMS Berlin
27th February 2014