Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
John Laws of the Australian Contract Cleaners Alliance writes...
During November the cleaning industry has been focusing on the good people and their outstanding efforts to provide a quality service to clients. Each state division of the Building Service Contractors Association of Australia has now been running an Excellence Awards programme for cleaning and security personnel.
Rather than attempt to organise a separate competing programme, we, at ACCA, were quite happy to have our members and employees allowed to participate in the BSCAA programme, thereby ensuring that all workers were in a position to compete in the one Excellence Programme.
We are now one of the sponsors and I am very happy to report a number of our members participated in the programme and received awards.
The recent function for New South Wales was held at Jones Bay Wharf in Darling Harbour and was a triumph for the organising committee - and, in particular Barbara and Helen, who undertook much of the work. With 200 people in attendance, with some 60 of them being cleaners, it was a happy and successful event.
Successful member companies and employees included Ezko Property Services and Eternal Cleaning Services.
In Queensland one of our member companies, Extraclean, placed second in the 'Lennox Institute Innovation through People Award'... Not a bad effort for a first attempt. They also won two other awards.
Over in the West we have a slightly different but even more exciting report: One of our member companies, Hot Cleaning Services from Geraldton, a regional centre on the west coast, won the regional Small Business Award and then went on to win the State Small Business Award for a company with less than 20 full time employees.
This is a great complement to Hot Cleaning Services as they operate in an extremely competitive and difficult environment and yet were able to impress the judges both regionally and state-wide that they operate one of the best small businesses in Western Australia.
It is extremely pleasing to know that we have a number of businesses, both large and small, operating around Australia, staffed by enthusiastic and energetic people, managed by young motivated managers and are able to implement systems and procedures which bring them to the forefront of industry capability.
I am proud to have these and other companies as members and wish them and all our members every success in the future. These results show that despite the frantic competition we can still provide a quality service and find ways to stand out and be successful.
Eternal Cleaning Services Pty Ltd:
* AGAR Company Awards 2013 - Finalist
* Australian Super Excellence Awards 2013 - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of an Education Facility - Finalist & Winner
* Australian Super Excellence Awards 2013 - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of a Commercial Site - Finalist
* Australian Super Excellence Awards 2013 - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of an Industrial Site - Finalist
* Australian Super Excellence Awards 2013 - Supervisor Leading Hand - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of an Education Facility - Finalist
* Australian Super Excellence Awards 2013 - Supervisor Leading Hand - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of a Commercial Site - Finalist
* Australian Super Excellence Awards 2013 - Supervisor Leading Hand - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of an Industrial Site - Finalist
* Hako Young Manager of the Year Award 2013 - Finalist
EZKO Property Services Pty Ltd: (Top picture)
Rosalina Tecson won the Excellence Award for Supervisor / Leading Hand - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of a Retail Site.
Ezko was finalist in the following categories:
* Company of the Year
* Young Manager of The Year
* Supervisor / Leading Hand - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of a Commercial Site
* Supervisor / Leading Hand - Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of a Retail Site
* Excellence in Maintenance Cleaning of a Commercial Site
Extraclean Pty Ltd: (pictured left)
* Extraclean won the 'runner up' award for the 'Lennox Institute Innovation through People'.
* Extraclean also won a Certificate of Achievement in the Industry Leadership Development Programme (Diploma of Management) for Luke Fox. It also won an award for corporate recognition for supporting the graduate and for the industry leadership development programme.
Hot Cleaning Services Pty Ltd: (pictured right)
* West Australian Regional Small Business Award 2013
* Winner of the Award for Best Business with 11 - 20 employees (full time)
* Held at Hyatt Hotel, 15 Nov 2013
* Midwest Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Business Excellence Award 2012 -2013
* Winner of the Business Excellence Award for Small to Medium Award with 11 - 20 employees (full time)
21st November 2013