Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
16 finalists nominated for the CMS Purus Awards
Following a preliminary selection by a panel of experts, 16 entries have been chosen for the final round of this year's CMS Purus Awards. This year, exhibitors at CMS 2013 Berlin - Cleaning.Management.Services. were invited to submit their products in five categories. The awards for good design will be presented on 24th September at the opening event of CMS.
Good design plays an increasingly important role in marketing products. It gives companies an advantage because it sets their products apart from those of their competitors. It also helps them to be recognised as customer and quality oriented. Design not only contributes to a product's image and sales, but is also part of a forward-looking corporate strategy.
The finalists who have made it into the last round are proof that the cleaning industry boasts a wide range of cleaning industry products, equipment and technology that qualify for a design contest. A total of 47 entries were submitted for assessment by the jury and the following have qualified for the final round. Listed by category, they are:
* Alfred Kärcher GmbH & Co. KG, BR 35/12 C compact scrubber drier
* Nilfisk, GB der Nilfisk-Advance AG, VL500 75-2 EDF wet & dry vacuum cleaner
* Sebo Stein & Co. GmbH, Sebo Professional D8 vacuum cleaner
* Diversey Deutschland GmbH & Co. OHG, Clax Revoflow V3 automatic dosing system for laundries
* Eugen Gutmann GmbH, Gutmann Modular System disc brushes
* Alfred Kärcher GmbH & Co. KG, cleaning system for PV installations including the iSolar + RM 99 solar-powered cleaner
* Lehmann KG, Qleen DISY Systeme cleaning system
* TTS srl - Tecno Trolley System, Trilogy system mop and mop handle
* Vileda GmbH Abteilung Professional, Swep HygienePlus Mop innovative mop cover
* All Care, Qbic-line range of dispensers
* CWS-boco International GmbH, innovative hygiene solution for washrooms
Management systems and software:
* CWS-boco International GmbH, CWS Washroom Information Service (WIS) wireless dispenser data transfer system
* Hako GmbH, Hako-Fleet-Report & Hako-Fleet-Recorder Hako Fleet management solutions
* Alfred Kärcher GmbH & Co. KG, ECO!Manager 2.0 organisation and documentation software
* Alfred Kärcher GmbH & Co. KG, Anthracite Launch Campaign Professional Product
* Vermop Salmon GmbH, VERMOP Liquid Individual cleaning agent system
Immediately prior to CMS 2013 the jury will pick the winners in a second round of voting. Chairing the panel of jurors will be Dietmar Mühr, founder and managing director of PLEX GmbH (Berlin) and member of the board of the International Design Centre Berlin (IDZ). The 16 competition entries that made the final round will be on display at a special show at CMS in Hall 2.2.
The Purus Awards have been presented by Messe Berlin GmbH at CMS since 2005. The IDZ is again collaborating with the CMS Purus Awards. The media partner sponsoring the event is the trade publication Rationell Reinigen.
A panel assessed the entries based on the example they set, functionality, user friendliness and styling. In terms of weighting the criteria, there is now a stronger emphasis on sustainability (ecological quality, product life cycle, use of ecologically sustainable resources / degradable materials, ease of dismantling and repair, as well as brand presence (brand-oriented design, design-driven brand recognition, adherence to design intentions and logic as part of the product range).
The jury members
* Alexander Holzmann, publisher and managing partner, Holzmann Medien GmbH & Co. KG/ media partner Rationell Reinigen
* Martin Lutz, managing partner of FIGR Forschungs- und Prüfinstitut für Facility Management GmbH and Lutz-Fachbücher für Reinigungs- und Hygienetechnik, state-certified cleaning and hygiene technician and building cleaning master craftsman, and state-approved inspector for the building cleaning trade
* Prof. Kurt Mehnert, designer and head of Folkwang Universität der Künste
* Stephan Schwarz, president of the Berlin Chamber of Craft Trades, member of the board of the National Guild Association of the Building Cleaning Trade, and managing partner of the GRG Services Group
* Dietmar Mühr, founder and managing director of PLEX GmbH, Berlin, graduate designer, and member of the board of the International Design Centre Berlin e.V.
* Cornelia Horsch, head of the International Design Centre Berlin (IDZ), who will co-chair the jury in a mediating capacity
20th June 2013