Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
New K-CP products protect against risks faced by oil and gas industry workers
To protect against the many hazards faced by workers in the oil and gas field as well as to provide the tools they need to work productively, Kimberly-Clark Professional is introducing a range of personal protection and wiping solutions for upstream, midstream and downstream operations.
Oil and gas industry workers must contend with a variety of health & safety risks, including exposure to harmful chemicals, gases, vapours and fumes as well as falls, burns, cuts, hand injuries and a high risk of noise-related hearing loss.
"Workers in these industries must be able to do their jobs efficiently, comfortably and safely, knowing they are protected from the many risks associated with drilling and refining," says Dave Hoeller, manufacturing target market leader, Kimberly-Clark Professional. "These offerings are aimed at creating Exceptional Workplaces by helping to keep workers healthier, safer and more productive in extreme conditions."
The innovative product bundle is specifically designed for the oil and gas industry. It includes head-to-toe protection - such as disposable apparel, eye protection, head and face protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection and hand protection, as well as welding blankets and contour layout systems. The products offer protection as well as comfort to help increase compliance and create a safer work environment. Wiping solutions provide superior cleaning to meet the highest performance standards, increase productivity and improve cost-in-use.
The Kimberly-Clark Professional oil and gas offerings feature solutions from trusted, well-known brands such as Jackson Safety, Kleenguard and Wypall. They include:
* A range of absorbent and versatile disposable wipers, including Wypall wiping solutions for heavy and general purpose industrial wiping tasks and waterless hand cleaning wipes
* A range of disposable coveralls that offer flame resistance as well as protection against chemical splashes, liquids and particles
* High-performance goggles and safety eyewear, including the Nemesis and Calico brands, with a variety of comfort features and lens options, such as anti-fog, polarized, smoke/mirror and clear
* Durable and comfortable welding helmets with both Auto Darkening and Passive Filters, including the Jackson Safety W60 Truesight ADF helmet
* Hard hats with 360-degree brim protection and other head protection
* Face shields that protect against chemical and general splashes, flying debris, dust and other hazards
* Reusable and multi-use ear plugs that offer protection, comfort and performance
* Single- and dual-valve respirators that offer protection along with comfort for all-day wear
* Chemical and cut-resistant gloves that perform in a wide range of applications-providing outstanding protection and dexterity as well as excellent oil, grease and dry grip
* Fiberglass and silicone-coated welding blankets, as well as welding screens and curtains
* Contour layout systems, including cylindrical pipe markers and flange aligning tools
T: 1-888-GOKC (4652)
4th October 2012