Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Post Office guarantees to beat business insurance renewal quotes
The Post Office is guaranteeing to beat business insurance renewal quotes for self-employed property maintainers.*
The business insurance policy, which can be accessed from any one of over 11,800 Post Office branches, as well as by phone and online, will provide self-employed property maintainers with access to the wide ranging cover required in the course of their business including:
- Public liability insurance up to £1m
- Temporary occupation of buildings
- Liability insurance for temporary employees
- Theft or damage to tools and stock in transit
The guarantee is valid for all renewals within three months from 17th October 2011, providing that the business currently has three years no claims history. Annual premiums must be above £53 per annum and proof of the company's existing renewal notice price will be required.
An example of what's included follows:
- public liability insurance up to £1m
- cross liabilities
- temporary occupation of buildings
- employers' liability insurance up to £10m including temporary employees up to a maximum of 50 man days
- Tools and stock in transit - up to - £5,000 with a single item limit of £1,000
- Contractors All Risks which includes:
- Contract Works up to £500,000 any one contract
- Own Plant and Equipment up to £25,000 any one claim
- Hired-in Plant and Equipment up to £50,000 any one claim
"We know how important it is for all businesses to keep down costs, which is why we have launched this price guarantee," explains Duncan Caesar-Gordon, head of Post Office Business Insurance.
"Business insurance is vital to ensure you can keep your business on track, and you and your employees protected should the unexpected happen."
T: 0800 138 8279
27th October 2011