Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Avmor expanding south of the border
Avmor, a 70-year-old manufacturer of chemical cleaning solutions and the largest manufacturer of professional cleaning products in Canada, has announced that it will begin marketing its products through a select and limited number of distributors in the US starting later this year.
According to Mike Sawchuk, chief business development officer for Avmor, the official announcement will be made at the upcoming ISSA/Interclean North American tradeshow in Las Vegas.
"We are now looking for strategic alliances with select US distributors and are offering exclusive territories throughout the country," he says.
He adds that Avmor has been planning this move to the US for more than a year. During that time, the company made many changes in its operations, including changing responsibilities of key leaders in the company.
The ultimate goal was "to best differentiate and support our growth in the US of our healthier, safer, and more effective cleaning products," he reveals.
Among the changes he mentions are:
* More Avmor products have been green-certified by leading certification organisations, including Greenguard, which, says Mike, puts greater emphasis on protecting indoor air quality than other green certification organisations
* Key floor finishes, both Green certified and traditional, were UL 410 Certified for Slip Coefficient, and introduced a new line of floorcare products designed to help prevent slip and fall accidents
* Floorcare products were developed specifically to help clean and maintain rubber and sheet flooring
* New encapsulation and dehydration technologies - designed specifically for carpet spotting, bonnet cleaning, and extraction, but which can also be used for tile and grout cleaning - were introduced
* A 'black floor finish' was developed, which can be used in postal operations, arenas and other venues, as well as to help recover damaged floors
* A new line of 'closed loop' dispensing products and dispensers was added, as well as 'ready-to-dispense' systems and other dispensing options.
As for the reasons for the move to the US, Mike says: "We see a lot of growth potential in the US... With the economies in both Canada and the US doing well, now is the right time to be making this move."
Mike has worked directly with jansan distributors for more than 20 years. "I know how to help distributors grow market share and incremental sales. I see Avmor's move to the US as a real opportunity for some U. distributors."
14th September 2017