Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Winners of BICSc Annual Awards 2016 announced
More than 200 cleaning industry professionals and their guests gathered to celebrate excellence in training and accreditation in the cleaning profession, at the recent British Institute of Cleaning Science Annual Awards 2016 ceremony.
The BICSc Annual Awards is one of the largest and most influential networking events in the industry's calendar. This year's entries were of an exceptionally high standard, demonstrating the widespread drive for and attainment of excellence in training and accreditation within the cleaning industry.
BICSc welcomed special celebrity guest Louise Minchin, broadcaster and journalist who hosted the evening.
The 2016 winners are:
* The Sholom Gordon Award, sponsored by Citation: Mike Fletcher, FBICSc
* The Eric Hill Medal, sponsored by Hygienic Concepts: Carol Davis, LBICSc
* Colin Hasson International Award, sponsored by BICSc: James Marston, MBICSc
* The Ayres Regional Award, sponsored by KPMG Small Business Accounting: Scotland Region
* Client Commitment to Training, sponsored by PWC and ISS: Durham University, Queens Campus
* The Doreen Heyes Award, sponsored by Rubbermaid: Serco Forth Valley Hospital
* Outstanding Student of the Year, sponsored by Metsa Tissue: Leslie Price, Sussex Estates
* Excellence in Training & Assessment within an Accredited Training Organisation, sponsored by Darwin Clayton: Marlborough College
* Excellence in Training & Assessment within an Accredited Training Establishment, sponsored by Pearroc: HMP and YOI Parc
* Assessor of the Year within an Accredited Training Organisation, sponsored by Vileda: Bernadette McDermott, Environmental Excellence Education
* Assessor of the Year within an Accredited Training Establishment, sponsored by Sealed Air Diversey Care: Joseph Coburn HMP Wayland
* CIMS Award for Commitment To Excellence, sponsored by ISSA and BBS: West Suffolk Hospital (collected by Carlos Alvez)
Stan Atkins, Group CEO said at the event: "Congratulations to all award winners. We were impressed with the quality of this year's entrants, which made selecting the winners tough.
"The BICSc Annual Awards is now considered one of the most important industry events, recognising the achievements and success of our practitioners, and this year did not disappoint.
"I would like to thank all of our sponsors, who make this event possible. We are already looking forward to next year's ceremony."
For further information on the BICSc Annual Awards and to see the official photos from the evening visit:
6th October 2016