Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
BIFM Awards 2016 finalists announced
The British Institute of Facilities Management, has announced the finalists in this year's BIFM Facilities Management Awards. The Awards, supported by headline sponsor Carillion, recognise and reward facilities management practices, innovation and projects from across the economy and all areas of the sector.
For 2016, the categories are grouped within the three themes of people, impact or innovation and finalists across the categories have been confirmed as:
PEOPLE: The individuals, teams and organisations that invest in their people, who lead, are cutting edge and drive improvements.
Newcomer of the Year:
* Pleun van Deurssen, Incentive FM
* Kirsty Johnston, Mitie Technical Facilities Management
* Charlotte Miller, Sodexo
* Katie Sparrow, G4S Facilities Management UK
Manager of the Year:
* Suzanne Beck, Carillion Barts NHS Trust contract
* Andrea Best, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
* Bernard McPhail, Integral
* Cova Montes, Emprise Services
Leader of the Year:
Finalists are not publically announced in this category; the winner will be announced at the ceremony.
Team of the Year:
* CBRE Global Workplace Solutions and AA
* EMC: EMEA One Team Programme
* G4S FM Catering Team - London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
* National Grid and 14forty
* University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust - Integration and Partnering - The 'My Mum Test'
Learning and Career Development:
* Amey - Supporting Young People to Shape their Careers
* BT Facilities Services
* Skanska - Placing People at the Heart of Skanska
* Nationwide Window Cleaning - How Nurturing Talent Delivers Growth for NWC
Finalists are not listed in this category, the winner will be announced in the Awards ceremony.
IMPACT: Demonstrating the real tangible impact good FM brings to business, the environment and society.
* Gather & Gather
* DP World London Gateway - Internal Branding of DP World London Gateway
* Premier Technical Services Group
* Sainsbury's - Brilliant Buildings
* Skanska - Improving people's lives
Impact on Customer Experience:
* Amey - Promoting Consistency and Excellence in Customer Service
* Carillion - Carillion Customer Experience Centre 2016
* CIS Security - Safe, Happy, Informed and Listened To
* Crown Commercial Service
* Mitie and Vodafone - Mitie 1team and Vodafone's Hospitality Assured programme
* Premier Technical Services Group - The PTSG Way
Impact on Organisational Performance:
* Kentish & Co - Revolutionising FM Performance at Johnson & Johnson
* McColl's and Trios Group
* Morrisons - Morri-Maintenance in partnership with Verisae
* National Grid - Smart Work Space
Impact on Sustainability:
* BaxterStorey - Food Waste Costing the Earth
* Skanska - We Build for a Better Society
* Supply Chain Sustainability School
* Vinci Facilities - Embedding the Triple Bottom Line of Social, Environmental and Economic Sustainability
* Emprise Services- Emprise with the British Library
* Serco - Serco at Wishaw General Hospital
* South London & Maudsley NHS Trust - Lambeth Sheltered Contract
* Vinci Facilities - Reading from the Start
* Allen & Overy
* AstraZeneca - Middlewood Court, Macclesfield Campus - 'A Great Place to Work'
* Interserve and the BBC
* Ministry of Justice Commuter Hubs Powered By Matrix Booking
INNOVATION: Recognising innovative facilities management technology, systems, products and services, and the benefits they bring from cost-savings to enhanced interaction.
Innovation on Technology and Systems:
* BAM FM Ireland- Digitizing Assets & Delivering BIM2FM
* ENGIE - Robotic Process Automation
* Humanforce - Changing the Way FM Works,
* Skanska - Condition Based Maintenance: A Proactive Approach in FM
New Product or Service of the Year:
* Crown Commercial Service
* Durham University Housekeeping, Cleaning and General Services
* Heathrow Airport - Spot & Report - Heathrow's Fault Reporting Smartphone Application
The winners will be announced at the BIFM Awards ceremony which takes place on 10th October at the Grosvenor House Hotel on London's Park Lane. Attracting over 1,200 professionals, the black tie event is a highlight of the FM calendar. Alongside acknowledging the best in the FM industry, the event also encompasses networking, celebration and fun.
To find out about the Awards Ceremony or to book tickets and tables for the event, visit:
1st September 2016